- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline:
- Genres: Comedy, Drama
- Release Date: 1984-10-01
- Runtime: 89.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Cinesthesia Productions
Cast & Crew
John Lurie, Eszter Balint, Richard Edson, Cecillia Stark, Danny Rosen, Rammellzee, Tom DiCillo, Richard Boes, Rockets Redglare, Harvey Perr, Brian J. Burchill, Sara Driver, Paul Sloane
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Stranger Than Paradise”
Stranger Than Paradise is a 1984 American independent black-and-white comedy-drama film written and directed by Jim Jarmusch. It tells the story of Willie (John Lurie), a young man from New York City, and his cousin Eva (Eszter Balint) who come to visit him from Hungary. Willie and Eva spend their time in Willie’s apartment, watching television and playing cards.
When Eva’s visa expires, Willie and Eva travel to Cleveland, Ohio to visit Willie’s aunt, Lotte (Cecillia Stark). Lotte is a strict, old-fashioned woman who has a strained relationship with Willie. Willie and Eva spend their time in Cleveland going to the movies, eating at diners, and visiting the beach.
When Eva’s visa expires again, Willie and Eva travel to Florida, this time with Willie’s friend Eddie (Richard Edson). Eddie is a good-natured, jovial man who has a penchant for gambling. While in Florida, Willie and Eva spend their time gambling, going to the beach, and sightseeing.
The movie culminates with Willie and Eva taking a road trip in Eddie’s car. As they drive, they reminisce about their time together and the people they have met. When they arrive in New York City, Willie and Eva part ways, with Willie returning to his apartment and Eva returning to Hungary.
Stranger Than Paradise is a
Where to Watch “Stranger Than Paradise”
If you are wondering where to watch “Stranger Than Paradise”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Stranger Than Paradise” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Stranger Than Paradise” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Stranger Than Paradise