- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Live in the moment.
- Genres: Drama
- Release Date: 2014-12-05
- Runtime: 100.0 min
- Budget: $5.0 million
- Revenue: $43.9 million
- Production Companies: Shriver Films, Killer Films, Big Indie Pictures, BSM Studio, Lutzus, Brown, Backup Media, Sony Pictures Classics
Cast & Crew
Julianne Moore, Alec Baldwin, Kristen Stewart, Kate Bosworth, Shane McRae, Hunter Parrish, Seth Gilliam, Stephen Kunken, Erin Darke, Daniel Gerroll, Quincy Tyler Bernstine, Maxine Prescott, Orlagh Cassidy, Rosa Arredondo, Zillah Glory, Cat Lynch, Eha Urbsalu, Victoria Cartagena, Caridad Montanez, Caleb Freundlich, Charlotte Robson
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Still Alice”
Still Alice is a 2014 American drama film about a linguistics professor diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer’s disease.
Alice Howland (Julianne Moore) is a renowned linguistics professor at Columbia University. She is happily married to John (Alec Baldwin) and has three grown children, Anna (Kate Bosworth), Tom (Hunter Parrish), and Lydia (Kristen Stewart).
Alice begins to experience memory loss and confusion. After seeing a neurologist, she is diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer’s disease. Alice struggles to come to terms with her diagnosis, and her family must adjust to the changes in her life.
Alice and her family attend a support group for Alzheimer’s patients and their families. Here, Alice meets a woman named Genia (Maggie Gyllenhaal) who is in the later stages of the disease. Alice is inspired by Genia’s courage and determination.
Alice’s family rallies around her and helps her maintain her independence for as long as possible. She continues to teach classes at the university and works on writing her memoir.
However, as Alice’s condition progresses, she becomes increasingly dependent on her family. Her children are torn between wanting to help their mother and feeling overwhelmed by the responsibility.
Alice’s husband John is particularly affected by her illness. He struggles to accept the changes in Alice and finds it difficult to cope with her deterioration.
Alice’s condition eventually reaches the
Where to Watch “Still Alice”
If you are wondering where to watch “Still Alice”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Still Alice” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Still Alice” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Still Alice