- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Heroes don’t come any bigger.
- Genres: Science Fiction, Action, Adventure
- Release Date: 1997-08-15
- Runtime: 97.0 min
- Budget: $16.0 million
- Revenue: $1.7 million
- Production Companies: Warner Bros. Pictures, DC Comics, Quincy Jones, David Salzman Entertainment
Cast & Crew
Shaquille O’Neal, Annabeth Gish, Richard Roundtree, Judd Nelson, Irma P. Hall, Harvey Silver, Ray J, Charles Napier, Kerrie Keane, Eric Pierpoint, Tembi Locke, Thom Barry, Gary Graham, Hill Harper, Rutanya Alda, John Hawkes, Kevin Grevioux, Tim DeZarn, Michael Shamus Wiles, Kamau Holloway, Maurice Chasse, Josh Cruze, Nancy Wolfe, Rick Worthy, Scotch Ellis Loring, Jacquelyn Houston, John F. O’Donohue, Cyd Strittmatter, Kevin Sifuentes
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Steel”
Steel is a 1997 action-packed science fiction film directed by Kenneth Johnson. It stars Shaquille O’Neal as John Henry Irons, a former weapons designer who creates a powerful robotic suit of armor to fight a villainous industrialist.
The movie opens with John Henry Irons, a former weapons designer, who is now working in a steel mill in order to support his beloved Aunt Emma. When the mill is shut down due to the machinations of a ruthless industrialist, Irons is left without a job.
Meanwhile, the industrialist has created a powerful robotic suit of armor, designed to be used as a weapon. He has also created a powerful artificial intelligence, named “Brigand”, to control the suit. Irons is determined to stop the industrialist’s plans and decides to create his own suit of armor to fight him.
Irons creates his suit of armor using parts from the steel mill and his own ingenuity. He names it “Steel” and uses it to fight the industrialist’s forces. Along the way, he meets a young woman named Susan Sparks, who helps him in his mission.
Eventually, Irons and Sparks confront the industrialist and his forces. After a long and difficult battle, Irons defeats the industrialist and destroys Brigand. With the threat neutralized, Irons and Sparks are able to save the steel mill and its workers.
At the end of the
Where to Watch “Steel”
If you are wondering where to watch “Steel”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Steel” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Steel” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Steel