- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: The star-spangled, laugh-loaded salute to our P.W. heroes!
- Genres: Comedy, Thriller, War
- Release Date: 1953-05-29
- Runtime: 120.0 min
- Budget: $1.7 million
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Paramount
Cast & Crew
William Holden, Don Taylor, Otto Preminger, Robert Strauss, Harvey Lembeck, Richard Erdman, Peter Graves, Neville Brand, Sig Ruman, Michael Moore, Peter Baldwin, Robinson Stone, Robert Shawley, William Pierson, Gil Stratton, Jay Lawrence, Erwin Kalser, Edmund Trzcinski
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Stalag 17”
Stalag 17 is a 1953 American war comedy-drama film set in a German prisoner-of-war camp during World War II. The film tells the story of a group of American airmen held in a German POW camp who suspect that one of their own is a traitor and a spy for the Germans.
The film opens with a group of American airmen in a German prisoner-of-war camp in 1944. The men are all part of the same squadron and have been held in the camp for over a year. They live in cramped quarters and are constantly harassed by their captors.
The men are suspicious of one of their own, Sgt. J.J. Sefton (William Holden). Sefton is a loner who is always looking for ways to make money. He is also the only one who seems to have an easy time with the guards. The other men suspect he is a spy and are determined to find out the truth.
The men hatch a plan to lure out the spy by staging a phony escape attempt. Sefton is the only one who volunteers to take part in the plan. He is caught and put in solitary confinement. When he is released, he is determined to prove his innocence and expose the spy.
The men eventually discover that the spy is a German-American soldier, Lt. Schulz (Otto Preminger). Schulz is a decorated officer who has been passing information
Where to Watch “Stalag 17”
If you are wondering where to watch “Stalag 17”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Stalag 17” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Stalag 17” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Stalag 17