- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: It’s the land of hospitality… unless you don’t belong there.
- Genres: Action, Thriller
- Release Date: 1981-09-21
- Runtime: 105.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Cinema Group Ventures, Phoenix (II)
Cast & Crew
Keith Carradine, Powers Boothe, Fred Ward, Franklyn Seales, T.K. Carter, Lewis Smith, Les Lannom, Peter Coyote, Alan Autry, Brion James, Sonny Landham, Allan Graf, Ned Dowd, Rob Ryder, Greg Guirard, June Borel, Jeanne, Louise Bulliard, Orel Borel, Jeannie Spector, Marc Savoy, Frank Savoy, Dewey Balfa, John Stelly, Billy C. Chandler, Joseph Oliveira
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Southern Comfort”
Southern Comfort is a 1981 American Southern Gothic thriller directed by Walter Hill. The film stars Keith Carradine, Powers Boothe, Fred Ward, and Les Lannom.
The movie follows a group of National Guard members from Louisiana on a weekend training exercise in the swamps of the bayou. Led by Staff Sergeant Robert E. Lee (Carradine), the group consists of macho, testosterone-filled men who are out to prove their manhood.
When the group gets lost in the swamps, they soon realize that the area is inhabited by a group of Cajun people who are suspicious of outsiders. After a tense confrontation, the group is allowed to pass through the area. However, tensions between the two groups quickly escalate as the Cajuns begin to harass the National Guard members, leading to a violent confrontation.
The National Guard members soon find themselves outmatched by the Cajuns and their superior knowledge of the terrain. With their lives on the line, the group must find a way to survive and make it out of the swamp alive.
The movie is a tense and thrilling adventure that explores the themes of masculinity, survival, and the dangers of the unknown. With its intense action scenes and its themes of masculinity, Southern Comfort is a classic in the Southern Gothic genre.
Where to Watch “Southern Comfort”
If you are wondering where to watch “Southern Comfort”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Southern Comfort” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Southern Comfort” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Southern Comfort