- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline:
- Genres: Drama, History, War
- Release Date: 2005-02-17
- Runtime: 140.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Velvet Film, CINEFACTO, HBO Films
Cast & Crew
Idris Elba, Carole Karemera, Pamela Nomvete, Oris Erhuero, Fraser James, Abby Mukiibi Nkaaga, Cleophas Kabasita, Noah Emmerich, Debra Winger, Peninah Abatoni, Ashani Alles, Hope Azeda, Théogène Barasa, Dan Barlow, Johannes Bausch, Stephen Buckingham, Michelle Rugema
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Sometimes in April”
Sometimes in April is a powerful drama set in Rwanda during the 1994 genocide. The film follows Augustin Muganza, an educated Rwandan living in the capital city of Kigali, and his family as they struggle to survive the horrific events of the genocide.
Augustin and his brother Honoré are Hutu, while their wives are Tutsi. Augustin’s wife, Jeanne, is pregnant at the start of the genocide, and he is desperate to keep her and her unborn child safe. But as the violence escalates, Augustin and Honoré find themselves on opposite sides of the conflict.
Augustin and his family attempt to flee the country, but they are caught in the midst of the violence. Augustin is separated from his family and is forced to hide in the forest. He is eventually captured by the Interahamwe, a Hutu militia, and is taken to a prison camp.
At the camp, Augustin is forced to witness the brutality of the genocide. He is also forced to participate in the killing of his fellow prisoners. In the midst of this horror, Augustin finds solace in a fellow prisoner, a young Tutsi girl named Marie.
Meanwhile, Honoré and Jeanne are desperately searching for Augustin. They eventually find him in the camp, but they are unable to rescue him. Augustin and Marie make a daring escape from the camp and eventually make their way to a refugee camp in Z
Where to Watch “Sometimes in April”
If you are wondering where to watch “Sometimes in April”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Sometimes in April” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Sometimes in April” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Sometimes in April