- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Love can turn you upside down.
- Genres: Drama, Romance
- Release Date: 2004-06-19
- Runtime: 105.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: $1.5 million
- Production Companies: Australian Film Commission, New South Wales Film & Television Office, Australian Film Finance Corporation, Fortissimo Films, SBS Independent, Showtime Australia, Red Carpet Productions
Cast & Crew
Abbie Cornish, Sam Worthington, Lynette Curran, Erik Thomson, Nathaniel Dean, Diana Glenn, Olivia Pigeot, Damian de Montemas, Ben Tate, Hollie Andrew, Leah Purcell, Toby Schmitz, Henry Nixon, Justin Martin, Paul Gleeson, Anne, Louise Lambert, Caroline Lowe, Erica Englert, Stephanie Overs, Alex Babic, Elizabeth Muntar
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Somersault”
Somersault is a 2004 Australian drama film written and directed by Cate Shortland. The film stars Abbie Cornish, Sam Worthington, and Lynette Curran.
The story follows Heidi (Abbie Cornish), a 16-year-old girl who runs away from home after her mother’s death. She finds herself in the small town of Jindabyne, New South Wales, where she meets Joe (Sam Worthington), a local cowboy who takes her in and gives her a place to stay.
Heidi and Joe quickly develop a close bond, but Joe is still dealing with the death of his father and is unable to commit to a relationship. As Heidi struggles to find her place in the small town, she finds solace in her friendship with Joe.
Heidi begins to explore her sexuality, engaging in a passionate affair with a local man, and she also begins to explore her own identity. She begins to question her own self-worth and her place in the world. As Heidi struggles to find her place in the world, she must also confront her own feelings for Joe and decide if she can open up to him.
The film follows Heidi’s journey of self-discovery and her search for acceptance and belonging. Along the way, she learns to accept herself, her sexuality, and her place in the world.
Where to Watch “Somersault”
If you are wondering where to watch “Somersault”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Somersault” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Somersault” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Somersault