- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Woody Allen takes a nostalgic look at the future.
- Genres: Comedy, Romance, Science Fiction
- Release Date: 1973-12-17
- Runtime: 87.0 min
- Budget: $2.0 million
- Revenue: $18.3 million
- Production Companies: United Artists, Rollins, Joffe Productions
Cast & Crew
Woody Allen, Diane Keaton, John Beck, Mary Gregory, Brian Avery, Don Keefer, Mews Small, Peter Hobbs, Spencer Milligan, John McLiam, Bartlett Robinson, Chris Forbes, Susan Miller, Lou Picetti, Jessica Rains, Stanley Ross, Douglas Rain, John Cannon
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Sleeper”
Sleeper is a science fiction comedy film released in 1973, directed by Woody Allen. The film stars Allen as Miles Monroe, a jazz musician who is cryogenically frozen in 1973 and wakes up in the year 2173.
The film begins with Miles Monroe, a jazz musician in 1973, being diagnosed with a rare medical condition. As a last resort, he is cryogenically frozen in the hope that a cure will be found in the future.
Two hundred years later, Miles is revived by a group of scientists who have discovered his cryogenic chamber. Miles is shocked to find himself in a completely different world, one that is ruled by a totalitarian regime. He is taken to the underground home of Luna Schlosser, a rebel who is fighting against the oppressive government.
Luna and her group of rebels enlist Miles in their mission to overthrow the government. Miles is initially reluctant, but he eventually agrees to help them. Together, they devise a plan to steal a robot that can be used to disrupt the government’s communication systems.
Miles and the rebels succeed in their mission and the government is overthrown. In the aftermath, Miles and Luna fall in love and decide to marry. They live happily ever after in the new world they have helped create.
Where to Watch “Sleeper”
If you are wondering where to watch “Sleeper”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Sleeper” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Sleeper” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Sleeper