- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: It was a time when life was easy…in a place they thought would never change.
- Genres: Drama
- Release Date: 2011-05-13
- Runtime: 98.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: $0.0 million
- Production Companies: Skateland Productions, Freeman Film, Reversal Films
Cast & Crew
Ashley Greene, Shiloh Fernandez, Brett Cullen, Taylor Handley, Heath Freeman, Melinda McGraw, Haley Ramm, A.J. Buckley, Ellen Hollman, James Le Gros, Casey LaBow, James Landry Hébert, Ross Francis, Caleb Michaelson, David Sullivan
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Skateland”
Skateland is a coming-of-age drama set in the small town of Ashland, Texas in the early 1980s. The film follows the life of 18 year-old Ritchie Wheeler (Shiloh Fernandez) as he navigates the crossroads of his youth.
Ritchie works at the local roller-skating rink called Skateland, where he is a popular DJ and mentor to the high school kids who come to skate. He dreams of leaving town and going to college, but he is torn between his responsibility to his family and his own ambitions.
When his best friend Brent (Taylor Handley) returns from college with a newfound confidence, Ritchie is inspired to take control of his life. But his plans are put on hold when Brent is involved in a tragic accident.
Ritchie must now deal with the aftermath of Brent’s death, while also trying to keep his family together and his own dreams alive. He must confront his feelings for his childhood sweetheart, Michelle (Heather Roop), and decide what is truly important to him.
Skateland is a powerful story of a young man coming to terms with the choices he has to make and the consequences of those choices. It is a story of friendship, love, and self-discovery, set against the backdrop of a small town in the 1980s.
Where to Watch “Skateland”
If you are wondering where to watch “Skateland”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Skateland” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Skateland” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Skateland