- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: This might hurt a little.
- Genres: Documentary, Comedy, Drama
- Release Date: 2007-05-18
- Runtime: 123.0 min
- Budget: $9.0 million
- Revenue: $24.5 million
- Production Companies: The Weinstein Company, Dog Eat Dog Films
Cast & Crew
Michael Moore, Hillary Clinton, Tony Benn, Billy Crystal, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Sicko”
Sicko is a 2007 documentary film directed by Michael Moore, which examines the United States health care system and the pharmaceutical industry. The film focuses on the plight of the uninsured, the underinsured, and the growing number of Americans who cannot afford medical care.
The film begins with a montage of news stories and interviews with people who have been denied health insurance and have suffered as a result. It then follows Moore as he visits Canada, the United Kingdom, France, and Cuba to compare their health care systems to the United States’. In each country, Moore interviews people who are pleased with their health care system and have access to medical care that would be unavailable to them in the United States.
The film then returns to the United States, where Moore interviews people who have been denied medical care and have suffered as a result. He also interviews representatives from the insurance and pharmaceutical industries, who defend their practices and deny any responsibility for the state of the health care system. The film culminates with Moore traveling to Guantanamo Bay and attempting to get the detainees there access to the same medical care that is provided to members of Congress.
The film ends with Moore making a plea to the audience to demand a better health care system and to take action to bring about change.
Where to Watch “Sicko”
If you are wondering where to watch “Sicko”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Sicko” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Sicko” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Sicko