- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: What would you risk to make a difference?
- Genres: Drama, History
- Release Date: 2006-03-08
- Runtime: 115.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: BBC Film, Filmstiftung Nordrhein, Westfalen, ARTE, Egoli Tossell Film, CrossDay Productions, UK Film Council, ZDF, Invicta Capital
Cast & Crew
John Hurt, Hugh Dancy, Dominique Horwitz, Nicola Walker, David Gyasi, Steve Toussaint, Clare, Hope Ashitey, Susan Nalwoga, Victor Power, Victor Power, Musa Kasonka Jr.-Kizito Ssentamu Kayiira
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Shooting Dogs”
Shooting Dogs is a 2006 British-Belgian drama film directed by Michael Caton-Jones. It is based on the true story of the 1994 Rwandan Genocide. The film follows two priests, Father Christopher (John Hurt) and Father Christopher (Hugh Dancy), who are running a Catholic school in a refugee camp in Rwanda.
The film opens with scenes of the Rwandan genocide, as Hutu militants massacre Tutsi civilians. Father Christopher and Father Christopher are running the school in the camp, trying to keep the children safe. However, the camp is soon infiltrated by Hutu militants, who begin to massacre the refugees. Father Christopher and Father Christopher try to protect the children, but they are soon overwhelmed and forced to flee.
Meanwhile, a British journalist, Joe Connor (Clive Owen), arrives in Rwanda to cover the genocide. He meets Father Christopher and Father Christopher and decides to help them protect the children. He joins forces with a UN peacekeeper, Major Henry (Nick Reding), to provide weapons to the refugees. However, the weapons are not enough to protect the camp and the refugees are eventually forced to flee.
The refugees are forced to take refuge in a nearby church, but the Hutu militants soon arrive and begin to massacre the refugees. Father Christopher and Father Christopher are forced to watch in horror as the Hutu militants slaughter the innocent civilians. Joe and Major Henry attempt to protect the refugees, but they are soon overwhelmed
Where to Watch “Shooting Dogs”
If you are wondering where to watch “Shooting Dogs”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Shooting Dogs” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Shooting Dogs” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Shooting Dogs