- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Going mad is just the beginning of the terror …
- Genres: Horror
- Release Date: 1975-10-10
- Runtime: 88.0 min
- Budget: $0.2 million
- Revenue: $1.0 million
- Production Companies: Canadian Film Development Corporation (CFDC)-Cinépix, DAL Productions
Cast & Crew
Paul Hampton, Joe Silver, Lynn Lowry, Barbara Steele, Allan Kolman, Susan Petrie, Ronald Mlodzik, Barry Baldaro, Vlasta Vrana, Dorothy Davis, Joan Blackman, Kirsten Bishop, Sonny Forbes, Felicia Shulman, Cathy Graham, David Cronenberg
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Shivers”
Shivers is a 1975 Canadian horror film directed by David Cronenberg. The movie follows a group of people living in a high-rise apartment building in Montreal who become infected with parasites that cause them to become sexually aggressive and violent.
The movie begins with a scientist, Dr. Emil Hobbes, who is experimenting with a new strain of parasites that he believes can be used to cure diseases. He injects the parasites into a lab rat, which then escapes and is eaten by a stray cat. The cat is then adopted by a tenant in the apartment building, named Roger.
Roger soon begins to experience strange symptoms, including a sudden and intense sexual desire. He also starts to act out in violent and aggressive ways. Meanwhile, the other tenants in the building start to experience similar symptoms, and soon it becomes clear that the parasites have spread throughout the building.
The tenants soon find themselves in a fight for survival as they battle the parasites and their own violent urges. They must also contend with the building’s landlord, who is determined to keep the situation a secret and protect his property.
As the situation escalates, the tenants soon realize that the only way to stop the parasites is to find the source and destroy it. With the help of a scientist, they must find the rat that started it all and destroy it before it’s too late.
The movie culminates in a thrilling climax as the tenants battle the parasites and their own violent urges in
Where to Watch “Shivers”
If you are wondering where to watch “Shivers”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Shivers” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Shivers” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Shivers