- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: A film not to be missed.
- Genres: Drama, Romance
- Release Date: 1958-11-07
- Runtime: 87.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Lion International
Cast & Crew
Ben Carruthers, Lelia Goldoni, Hugh Hurd, Anthony Ray, Dennis Sallas, Tom Reese, David Pokitillow, Rupert Crosse, Davey Jones, Pir Marini, Victoria Vargas, Jack Ackerman, Jacqueline Walcott, Cliff Carnell, Jay Crecco, Ronald Maccone, Bob Reeh, Joyce Miles, Nancy Deale, Gigi Brooks, Lynn Hamilton, Marilyn Clark, Joanne Sages, Jed McGarvey, Greta Thyssen, John Cassavetes, Seymour Cassel, Arlene Corwin, Bobby Darin, Avalon Lee, Ellen Paulos, Gena Rowlands, Lisa Seagram, Jean Shepherd, Mel Stewart
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Shadows”
Shadows is a 1958 film directed by John Cassavetes. It follows the story of three young adults, Lelia, Hugh, and Tony, who are struggling to find their place in the world.
The film begins with Lelia, a young African-American woman living in New York City. She works as a secretary, but is unsatisfied with her job and her life. She meets Hugh, a white jazz musician, and Tony, a Puerto Rican man who works as a photographer. The three of them quickly become close friends and start to explore their identities in a new way.
As the film progresses, Lelia, Hugh, and Tony all face different struggles in their lives. Lelia is constantly dealing with racism and prejudice from her co-workers and society at large. Hugh is struggling with his music career and trying to find his place in the jazz scene. Tony is trying to make a living as a photographer and is frustrated by the lack of opportunities that are available to him.
The three of them find solace in each other, and through their friendship, they are able to explore and express themselves in ways that they never could before. As their bond grows stronger, they start to confront the issues that they are facing head-on. They also begin to understand that their differences can be a source of strength and that they can use them to create something beautiful.
The film culminates in a powerful scene in which the three friends
Where to Watch “Shadows”
If you are wondering where to watch “Shadows”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Shadows” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Shadows” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Shadows