- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: An Unspeakable Horror. A Creative Genius. Captured For Eternity.
- Genres: Drama, Horror
- Release Date: 2000-05-15
- Runtime: 92.0 min
- Budget: $8.0 million
- Revenue: $8.3 million
- Production Companies: BBC Films, Saturn Films, Long Shot Pictures, Pilgrim Films
Cast & Crew
John Malkovich, Willem Dafoe, Udo Kier, Cary Elwes, Catherine McCormack, Eddie Izzard, Aden Gillett, Nicholas Elliott, Ronan Vibert, Sophie Langevin, Myriam Muller, Miloš Hlaváč, Marja, Leena Junker, Derek Kueter, Norman Golightly, Sascha Ley, Marie, Paule von Roesgen, Orian Williams, Ingeborga Dapkūnaitė, Radica Jovicic
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Shadow of the Vampire”
Shadow of the Vampire is a 2000 horror film directed by E. Elias Merhige and starring Willem Dafoe and John Malkovich. The film tells the story of the making of the classic 1922 German horror film Nosferatu, eine Symphonie des Grauens (Nosferatu: A Symphony of Horror).
The film follows the production of Nosferatu, and focuses on the relationship between the film’s director, F.W. Murnau (Malkovich), and its lead actor, Max Schreck (Dafoe). It is soon revealed that Schreck is actually a vampire, and that Murnau is aware of this. In order to make the film as realistic as possible, Murnau has made a deal with Schreck – he will allow him to feed on the cast and crew in exchange for his performance.
The film follows the production of Nosferatu as Murnau and Schreck become increasingly obsessed with their art. As the film progresses, Schreck’s true nature becomes more and more apparent, to the horror of the cast and crew. Meanwhile, Murnau’s obsession with the film leads him to make increasingly dangerous and immoral decisions, and the film’s production begins to spiral out of control.
Eventually, Schreck’s true identity is revealed and the film is released to critical acclaim. However, the film’s success comes at a terrible cost, as Murnau and Sch
Where to Watch “Shadow of the Vampire”
If you are wondering where to watch “Shadow of the Vampire”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Shadow of the Vampire” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Shadow of the Vampire” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Shadow of the Vampire