- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: In a world of conflict, he risked everything for peace.
- Genres: Drama
- Release Date: 2020-01-28
- Runtime: 118.0 min
- Budget: $16.0 million
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Thai Occidental Productions, Anima Pictures, Black Rabbit Media, Desert Motion Pictures
Cast & Crew
Wagner Moura, Ana de Armas, Garret Dillahunt, Will Dalton, Bradley Whitford, Brían F. O’Byrne, Clemens Schick, Clarisse Abujamra, Pedro Hossi, Sahajak Boonthanakit, Vithaya Pansringarm, Eduardo Mello, João Barreto, Osama bin Laden, Sameera Asir
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Sergio”
Sergio is a 2020 biographical drama film directed by Greg Barker. The film stars Wagner Moura as Sérgio Vieira de Mello, a Brazilian diplomat who was appointed as the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights in 2002. The film follows Vieira de Mello’s life and career, from his work as a peacekeeper in East Timor to his involvement in Iraq, and how he was killed in a terrorist attack in Baghdad in 2003.
The film begins with Sérgio Vieira de Mello’s appointment as the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights in 2002. As he travels around the world, he works to help people in need and to promote human rights. He meets with various world leaders and works to help resolve conflicts in East Timor, Iraq, and elsewhere.
At the same time, Sérgio is struggling to maintain a long-distance relationship with Carolina (Ana de Armas), a woman he met while working in East Timor. Despite the challenges of their relationship, they remain committed to each other.
As Sérgio continues his work, his dedication to helping those in need puts him in danger. In 2003, he is killed in a terrorist attack in Baghdad, leaving his family and friends devastated. The film ends with a tribute to Sérgio’s life and legacy.
Where to Watch “Sergio”
If you are wondering where to watch “Sergio”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Sergio” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Sergio” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Sergio