- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: The international stage success seen by more than 42 million people in 145 cities all over the world!
- Genres: Drama, Romance
- Release Date: 1958-12-18
- Runtime: 100.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Norlan Productions, Hecht, Hill, Lancaster Productions, Clifton Productions
Cast & Crew
Deborah Kerr, Rita Hayworth, David Niven, Wendy Hiller, Burt Lancaster, Gladys Cooper, Cathleen Nesbitt, Felix Aylmer, Rod Taylor, Audrey Dalton, May Hallatt, Priscilla Morgan, Hilda Plowright
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Separate Tables”
Separate Tables is a 1958 British drama film directed by Delbert Mann and starring Rita Hayworth, Deborah Kerr, Burt Lancaster, David Niven, Wendy Hiller, and Gladys Cooper.
The film is set in a small seaside hotel in England, where two separate tables are set up in the dining room for the guests. The first table is occupied by the guests who are considered socially acceptable, while the second is occupied by those who are deemed socially unacceptable.
At the socially acceptable table, we meet Major David Angus Pollock (David Niven), a retired British army officer who is suffering from depression and is trying to cope with his loneliness. At the socially unacceptable table, there is Anne Shankland (Deborah Kerr), a former teacher who is trying to hide her scandalous past.
Major Pollock meets Anne and they quickly become friends, developing a close bond. As their friendship grows, Major Pollock learns of Anne’s past and helps her to come to terms with it. He also helps her to find a job and a place to live.
Meanwhile, the other guests in the hotel are gossiping about Anne and Major Pollock’s relationship. Anne’s former lover, John Malcolm (Burt Lancaster), arrives at the hotel and attempts to win her back. However, Anne is determined to move on with her life and she rejects John’s advances.
As Anne and Major Pollock’s relationship bloss
Where to Watch “Separate Tables”
If you are wondering where to watch “Separate Tables”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Separate Tables” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Separate Tables” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Separate Tables