- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: The story that seduced the world is now the most controversial film of the year.
- Genres: Drama, History, Romance
- Release Date: 1989-03-03
- Runtime: 115.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: $8.8 million
- Production Companies: Miramax, Palace Pictures, British Screen Productions, British Satellite Broadcasting (BSB)
Cast & Crew
John Hurt, Joanne Whalley, Bridget Fonda, Ian McKellen, Leslie Phillips, Britt Ekland, Daniel Massey, Roland Gift, Alex Norton, Ronald Fraser, Paul Brooke, Jeroen Krabbé, Keith Allen, Ralph Brown, Ken Campbell, Trevor Eve, Iain Cuthbertson, Oliver Ford Davies, Susannah Doyle, Joanna Dunham, Leon Herbert, Deborah Grant, Terence Rigby, Johnny Shannon, Jeff Nuttall, James Villiers, Malcolm Terris, Jean Alexander, Colette Dolan, Valerie Griffiths, Chris Humphreys, Czeslad Grocholski, Stefan Kalipha, Tacy Kneale, Tony Mathews, Richard Morant, Mia Nadasi, Sarah Prince, Ann Queensberry, Raad Rawi, Jennifer Scott Malden, Joan Turner, Doremy Vernon, James Villiers, Alison Waters, Susie Ann Watkins, Arkie Whiteley, Tariq Yunus, Toni Shiletto, Jackie Harvey, Kate Charman
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Scandal”
Scandal is a 1989 British drama film directed by Michael Caton-Jones and starring Joanne Whalley, John Hurt, and Bridget Fonda.
The film tells the story of Christine Keeler (Whalley), a young woman who becomes embroiled in a scandalous affair with John Profumo (Hurt), the Secretary of State for War in the British government. The affair threatens to bring down the entire government and the Prime Minister, Harold Macmillan (Ian McKellen).
The story begins with Christine, a young model, meeting John Profumo at a party. They quickly become enamored with each other, and begin a secret affair. When the press finds out about the affair, the scandal threatens to bring down the entire British government.
Meanwhile, Christine is also involved with a Russian spy, Yevgeny Ivanov (Jeroen Krabbé). As the scandal grows, Christine must make a choice between John and Yevgeny, and the consequences of her decision could have far-reaching implications.
The film follows Christine as she navigates the treacherous waters of the scandal, and ultimately decides to come forward and tell the truth, despite the risks to her own safety. In the end, the scandal leads to the resignation of the Prime Minister, but Christine emerges with her integrity intact.
Scandal is a gripping drama about the power of truth and the consequences that come with it. It features
Where to Watch “Scandal”
If you are wondering where to watch “Scandal”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Scandal” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Scandal” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Scandal