- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline:
- Genres: Action, Drama, Crime
- Release Date: 2014-03-27
- Runtime: 93.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: BBC Films, Heyday Films, Carnival Films, Masterpiece, NBCUniversal, Beagle Pug Films
Cast & Crew
Bill Nighy, Helena Bonham Carter, Ralph Fiennes, Ewen Bremner, Judy Davis, Felicity Jones, Olivia Williams, Rupert Graves, Saskia Reeves, Shazad Latif, Daniel Ryan, Leanne Best, Kate Burdette, Pip Torrens, San Shella, George Lenz, Malcolm Sinclair, Andrew Cleaver, James McArdle, Nathan Ives, Moiba, Kirsty Oswald, Valeria Vereau, Richard O’Bryan, Pip Carter, Mark Wingett, Anna Böger, Renate Becker
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Salting the Battlefield”
Salting the Battlefield is a 2014 British political drama film directed by David Hare and starring Bill Nighy, Rachel Weisz, and Tom Hiddleston.
The film follows Sir Peter Laurence (Bill Nighy), a British government minister who is caught in a web of political intrigue and personal scandal. Despite his career in politics, Laurence is a man of principle and integrity, but he finds himself increasingly compromised by the demands of his job and the machinations of his colleagues.
When Laurence is offered a knighthood, he is determined to refuse it and instead attempt to repair the damage he’s done to his reputation by taking a stand against the government. He sets out to expose the hypocrisy and corruption of the government and its powerful allies.
As he embarks on this mission, Laurence is confronted by powerful enemies, including his former lover, Jemima (Rachel Weisz), who is now working for the government. Meanwhile, his political rival, the ambitious and ruthless journalist, Stephen Beaumont (Tom Hiddleston), is determined to take him down.
As the stakes become higher, Laurence is forced to confront his own past and the forces that have shaped his life, as well as the moral choices that will determine his future. In the end, he must decide whether to take a stand for what is right, or accept the compromises that come with power.
Where to Watch “Salting the Battlefield”
If you are wondering where to watch “Salting the Battlefield”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Salting the Battlefield” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Salting the Battlefield” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Salting the Battlefield