- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Sam Stone’s wife has just been kidnapped… And he doesn’t want her back!
- Genres: Comedy
- Release Date: 1986-06-26
- Runtime: 93.0 min
- Budget: $11.0 million
- Revenue: $71.6 million
- Production Companies: Touchstone Pictures, Silver Screen Partners II
Cast & Crew
Danny DeVito, Bette Midler, Judge Reinhold, Helen Slater, Anita Morris, Bill Pullman, William G. Schilling, Art Evans, Clarence Felder, J.E. Freeman, Gary Riley, Frank Sivero, Phyllis Applegate, Jeannine Bisignano, J.P. Bumstead, Jon Cutler, Susan Marie Snyder, Jim Doughan, Christopher J. Keene, Henry Noguchi, Arnold F. Turner, Bob Tzudiker, Charles A. Vanegas, Louise Yaffe, Janet Rotblatt, Charlotte Zucker, Art Bonilla, Rick DeReyes, Mie Hunt, Ron Tank, Susan Stadner, Beth R. Johnson, Richard Wilson, Twyla Littleton, Mary Elizabeth Thompson, Phil Hartman
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Ruthless People”
Ruthless People is a 1986 American dark comedy film directed by Jim Abrahams, David Zucker, and Jerry Zucker, and starring Danny DeVito, Bette Midler, Judge Reinhold, Helen Slater, and Bill Pullman.
The story follows two couples, the wealthy, ruthless Sam Stone (DeVito) and his wife Barbara (Midler) and the struggling, kind Ken and Sandy Kessler (Reinhold and Slater), who are in the middle of a nasty divorce. Sam and Barbara are planning a romantic getaway, but when they arrive at their destination, they discover that their luggage has been stolen.
Meanwhile, Ken and Sandy are struggling to make ends meet and are desperate for money. When they find out that Sam has a large sum of money stashed away, they hatch a plan to kidnap Barbara and hold her for ransom.
Sam is willing to pay the ransom, but he has a few tricks up his sleeve. He hires a private investigator to find out who is behind the kidnapping and then sets a trap to capture the kidnappers.
The film follows the two couples as they face off against each other in a battle of wits and money. As the stakes get higher and higher, the tension between the two couples reaches its peak. Will the Stones be able to outsmart the Kesslers, or will the Kesslers be able to get away with the money?
Ruthless People is an entertaining
Where to Watch “Ruthless People”
If you are wondering where to watch “Ruthless People”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Ruthless People” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Ruthless People” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Ruthless People