- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Gable and Lancaster make the seas boil in the battle adventure that hits like a torpedo!
- Genres: Drama, War
- Release Date: 1958-03-27
- Runtime: 93.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Jeffrey Pictures Corp.-Hill, Hecht, Lancaster Productions, United Artists
Cast & Crew
Clark Gable, Burt Lancaster, Jack Warden, Brad Dexter, Don Rickles, Nick Cravat, Joe Maross, Mary LaRoche, Eddie Foy III, Rudy Bond, Jimmy Bates, Joel Fluellen, Ken Lynch, H.M. Wynant, Teru Shimada, Skip Ward, Russell Thorson, Rodger Terry, Maurice McEndree, Alexander Lockwood, Dale Ishimoto, John Gibson, John Close, John Bryant
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Run Silent, Run Deep”
Run Silent, Run Deep is a classic World War II submarine drama, released in 1958 and starring Clark Gable and Burt Lancaster. The movie follows the story of Commander Richardson (Gable), a veteran submarine captain who is determined to prove himself and his crew capable of sinking Japanese ships in the Pacific.
The film begins with Richardson’s submarine, the USS Nerka, being sent on a mission to sink a Japanese aircraft carrier. Despite the crew’s best efforts, the mission fails and the Nerka is forced to retreat. Richardson is soon replaced by the more experienced Captain Bledsoe (Lancaster).
Bledsoe and his crew set out on a mission to seek revenge on the Japanese ship that had previously escaped them. But as they approach their target, they soon realize that the Japanese ship is much more powerful than they anticipated. Despite the odds, Bledsoe and his crew bravely persevere and manage to sink the ship.
The crew is then sent on a new mission, to find and sink a Japanese destroyer. This time, Richardson is allowed to join the crew as an observer. As they travel further into enemy territory, the crew is tested in ways they never expected. They must battle treacherous weather conditions, enemy submarines, and their own personal demons.
In the end, the crew of the Nerka is able to outwit their enemies and sink the Japanese destroyer. As they return home, they are hailed as
Where to Watch “Run Silent, Run Deep”
If you are wondering where to watch “Run Silent, Run Deep”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Run Silent, Run Deep” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Run Silent, Run Deep” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Run Silent, Run Deep