- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: In a No-man’s Land between North and South, You didn’t fight for the Blue or the Grey… You fought for your friends and family.
- Genres: Drama, War, Romance, Western
- Release Date: 1999-11-24
- Runtime: 138.0 min
- Budget: $35.0 million
- Revenue: $0.6 million
- Production Companies: Universal Pictures, Good Machine
Cast & Crew
Tobey Maguire, Skeet Ulrich, Jeffrey Wright, Jewel, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Jim Caviezel, Simon Baker, Tom Wilkinson, John Judd, Don Shanks, Mark Ruffalo, Celia Weston, Zach Grenier, Margo Martindale, Jonathan Brandis, Matthew Faber, Jeremy W. Auman, Scott Sener, Addison Myers, Kathleen Warfel
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Ride with the Devil”
Ride with the Devil is a 1999 American Civil War drama directed by Ang Lee.
Set in Missouri during the American Civil War, the film follows the story of two young friends, Jack Bull Chiles (Tobey Maguire) and Jake Roedel (Skeet Ulrich). Jack and Jake are both of German descent and, despite their respective fathers being on opposite sides of the conflict, they are still loyal to each other.
When Jack’s father is killed by Union forces, Jack and Jake join a band of Confederate guerillas, led by the enigmatic Bushwhacker leader, William Quantrill (Jeffrey Wright). As they fight alongside Quantrill, the two friends soon discover that the war is far more complicated than they had ever imagined.
The guerillas’ brutal tactics and disregard for civilian life soon put them at odds with a Union militia led by the ruthless Colonel John T. Coffee (Simon Baker). As the war intensifies, Jack and Jake must decide whether to remain loyal to their friends, or to the Union.
The film follows the two friends as they come of age in the midst of the war, and as they grapple with the moral implications of their actions. Along the way, they must confront the horrors of war, the tragedy of loss, and the cost of loyalty. In the end, they must decide what it really means to ride with the devil.
Where to Watch “Ride with the Devil”
If you are wondering where to watch “Ride with the Devil”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Ride with the Devil” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Ride with the Devil” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Ride with the Devil