- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Richard III
- Genres: Drama, War
- Release Date: 1995-12-29
- Runtime: 104.0
- Revenue: $2.7 million
- Production Companies: United Artists, British Screen, First Look Pictures, Mayfair Entertainment International, Bayly/Paré Productions
Cast & Crew
Ian McKellen, Annette Bening, Jim Broadbent, Robert Downey Jr.-Kristin Scott Thomas, Adrian Dunbar, Maggie Smith, Tim McInnerny, Edward Hardwicke, Nigel Hawthorne, Jim Carter, Dominic West, John Wood, Roger Hammond, Bill Paterson, Donald Sumpter, Michael Elphick, Kate Steavenson, Payne, James Dreyfus, David Antrobus, Christopher Bowen, Edward Jewesbury, Matthew Groom, Ryan Gilmore, Marco Williamson, Tres Hanley, Andy Rashleigh, Denis Lill, Bruce Purchase, Madeleine Mora, Stacey Kent, Derek Lyons
Richard III is a 1995 British historical drama film adapted from William Shakespeare’s play of the same name, starring Ian McKellen in the title role. The film depicts the Machiavellian rise to power and subsequent short reign of Richard III of England. The film is based on the life of Richard III of England, and chronicles his rise to power and his ultimate downfall.
The film begins in 1483 with the death of Edward IV of England and the ascension of his brother Richard III to the throne. Richard is a ruthless and ambitious man, and he quickly sets about consolidating his power and eliminating his rivals. He schemes to marry the widow of his brother, Lady Anne, and also to have his own brother George, Duke of Clarence, killed. He also orders the execution of his nephews, the young princes in the Tower of London.
Richard’s schemes eventually lead to a civil war between himself and Henry Tudor, the Earl of Richmond. Richard is defeated in battle and killed, thus ending his reign. The film ends with Henry Tudor’s coronation as King Henry VII of England, the first of the Tudor dynasty.
Richard III is a classic tale of ambition, power, and
How & Where to Watch “Richard III”
Wondering where to watch Richard III?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming Richard III.
Note: If you are not able to find any streaming platform listed above, it could be because of the regional restriction or because the title is actually not available on any of the platform.
Here’s how to watch it if it is not available in your country.
Unlock “Richard III” & Watch it Anywhere in the World with VPN
Not able to find “Richard III” in your region?
We’ve got a solution – use a VPN like CyberGhost or Nordvpn.
Why Should You Use a VPN?
A VPN does not just keep your internet browsing safe and private, it also unlocks unlimited content that might otherwise be restricted in your region. So, you can access and enjoy various shows and movies on platforms like Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, and Prime Video.
A VPN works by changing your IP address with one from a different region. This way, it seems like you’re browsing from that region, and voila – you can bypass regional blocks.
Top Reasons to Stream with a VPN:
- Access Geo-restricted Content: With a VPN, you can watch movies and shows from all over the world and not just those available in your region.
- Data Protection: A VPN protects your data from potential threats helping you keep your personal details safe.
- No More Slow Streaming: Some internet service providers might slow your connection during high-demand streaming times. A VPN helps you avoid this, ensuring smooth streaming.
We recommend CyberGhost and NordVPN – two of the most trusted names in the VPN industry.
Special VPN Offer:
- CyberGhost is offering our readers a 45-day money-back guarantee plus a Whopping 82% discount.
- NordVPN comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and a special 63% discount.
Recommended Movies similar to Richard III