- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: No neighbours. No help. No escape.
- Genres: Horror, Drama, Thriller
- Release Date: 2011-10-14
- Runtime: 89.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: $0.0 million
- Production Companies: Ripple World Pictures, SC Films International, Magnet Films
Cast & Crew
Cillian Murphy, Jamie Bell, Thandiwe Newton, Jimmy Yuill, Marilyn Mantle
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Retreat”
Retreat is a 2011 British psychological thriller film directed by Carl Tibbetts and starring Cillian Murphy and Thandie Newton.
The film follows a couple, Martin (Murphy) and Kate (Newton), who are struggling to cope with the death of their son. In an attempt to get away from it all, they decide to take a vacation to a remote island off the coast of Scotland.
However, their peaceful retreat quickly turns into a nightmare when a mysterious stranger (Jamie Bell) arrives on the island. He claims to be a soldier who has been sent to the island on a secret mission, and warns them that the island is in danger.
The couple soon discovers that the island is being used as a testing ground for a deadly virus, and that the stranger is actually a survivor of a failed experiment. With the island now in a state of quarantine, Martin and Kate must try to find a way to escape while also protecting themselves from the virus.
As the situation grows more dire, Martin and Kate must find a way to survive the virus and the stranger, while also trying to come to terms with the loss of their son. In the end, they must choose between trusting the stranger and risking their lives, or staying on the island and facing an unknown fate.
Where to Watch “Retreat”
If you are wondering where to watch “Retreat”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Retreat” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Retreat” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Retreat