- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: He’s pure evil, pure power, pure terror
- Genres: Horror
- Release Date: 1986-10-01
- Runtime: 89.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Alpine Pictures, Paradise, Green Man Productions
Cast & Crew
David Dukes, Niall Tóibín, Cora Lunny, Ronan Wilmot, Donal McCann, Heinrich von Schellendorf, Kelly Piper, Niall O’Brien, Hugh O’Conor, Eleanor Feely, Gladys Sheehan, Madelyn Erskine, Gerry Walsh, Noel O’Donovan, John Olohan, Peter Donovan, Bob Carlile, Patrick Dawson, Finbar Lynch, Maeve Germaine, Simon Kelly, Derry Power, Sheila Flitton, Derek Halligan, Bairbre Ní Chaoimh, Tom Lawlor, Frank Melia, Michael James Ford
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Rawhead Rex”
Rawhead Rex is a 1986 horror film directed by George Pavlou and based on a short story by Clive Barker. The film follows the titular character, Rawhead Rex, an ancient pagan god who is released from his underground prison by an unsuspecting farmer. After centuries of being dormant, Rex is unleashed upon the world, wreaking havoc and destruction.
The film opens as a young boy, Ronan, discovers a strange stone in a field near his home. He brings the stone to an archeologist, who discovers that it is part of an ancient Celtic altar. The altar is dedicated to an ancient god known as Rawhead Rex. The archeologist soon discovers that Rex is an ancient demon god who was trapped underground centuries ago by a group of priests.
When Ronan’s father, a local farmer, unknowingly destroys the altar, Rawhead Rex is unleashed upon the world. The creature quickly begins to wreak havoc, killing and terrorizing the local villagers. Desperate to stop the monster, the villagers enlist the help of an eccentric priest, Father McGruder.
Father McGruder must face off against the powerful demon god, but he is no match for its strength and power. With no other options left, Ronan and his friends must find a way to defeat Rawhead Rex before it is too late.
The film follows the group as they battle Rawhead Rex, using their wits and courage to outsmart and outfight the
Where to Watch “Rawhead Rex”
If you are wondering where to watch “Rawhead Rex”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Rawhead Rex” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Rawhead Rex” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Rawhead Rex