- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline:
- Genres: Drama
- Release Date: 1999-11-12
- Runtime: 94.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Canal+-BBC Film, Arts Council of England, Pathé Pictures International, Les Productions Lazennec, Holy Cow Films
Cast & Crew
William Eadie, Tommy Flanagan, Mandy Matthews, Michelle Stewart, Lynne Ramsay Jr.-Leanne Mullen, Jackie Quinn, James Ramsay, Anne McLean, Craig Bonar, Andrew McKenna, Mick Maharg, James Montgomery, Thomas McTaggart, Stuart Gordon, Stephen Sloan, Molly Innes, Stephen King, John Comerford, Ann Marie Lafferty, Bessie McDonald, Leanne Jenkins, Dougie Jones, Joe McCrone, James Watson, Stephen Purdon, Marion Connell, Robert Farrell, Donnie McMillan, Lisa Taylor, Rory McCann, Chris McElhill, John Miller
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Ratcatcher”
Ratcatcher is a 1999 British drama film written and directed by Lynne Ramsay. The film follows the life of James Gillespie, a 12-year-old boy living in a poor Glasgow housing estate in the 1970s.
The film begins with James and his family living in a decrepit, run-down apartment building. His father is an unemployed laborer and his mother is a housewife. James and his friends find joy in playing in the nearby canal, which is filled with garbage and rats.
One day, James and his friends are playing in the canal when they accidentally cause a rat to drown. James feels guilty and is haunted by the incident. He also begins to experience feelings of guilt and shame for his family’s poverty and his own inability to change his circumstances.
The film follows James as he struggles to make sense of his life and his place in the world. He meets a girl, Margaret Anne, who helps him to cope with his guilt and shame. He also develops a friendship with a local garbage collector, who helps him to find joy in the small things in life.
As the film progresses, James and his family are forced to move out of their apartment and into a nearby housing project. While there, James and his family experience a great deal of hardship, including a rat infestation in their apartment.
The film culminates with James and his family finally being able to move out of the housing project and into a
Where to Watch “Ratcatcher”
If you are wondering where to watch “Ratcatcher”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Ratcatcher” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Ratcatcher” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Ratcatcher