- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: What’s your price?
- Genres: Drama
- Release Date: 2012-09-23
- Runtime: 106.0 min
- Budget: $15.0 million
- Revenue: $8.1 million
- Production Companies: Participant, Imagenation Abu Dhabi FZ, Focus Features, Media Farm, Sunday Night, Pearl Street Films
Cast & Crew
Matt Damon, Frances McDormand, John Krasinski, Rosemarie DeWitt, Hal Holbrook, Titus Welliver, Lucas Black, Tim Guinee, Scoot McNairy, Terry Kinney, Johnny Cicco, Sara Lindsey, Lennon Wynn, Rosemary Howard, John W. Iwanonkiw, Joe Fishel, Benjamin Sheeler, Carla Bianco, Joe Coyle, Dorothy Silver, Lexi Cowan, Kristin Slaysman, Ken Strunk, Cain Alexander, Andrew Kuebel, Karen Baum
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Promised Land”
Promised Land is a 2012 drama film directed by Gus Van Sant and starring Matt Damon, John Krasinski, Frances McDormand, Hal Holbrook, and Rosemarie DeWitt.
The movie follows two corporate salesmen, Steve Butler (Damon) and Sue Thomason (McDormand), who arrive in a rural town in Pennsylvania to convince the local residents to allow their company to drill for natural gas on their land. Steve and Sue are met with resistance from the locals, who are concerned about the environmental impacts of fracking, a process used to extract natural gas from the ground.
The townspeople are also suspicious of the corporate salesmen, who appear to be more interested in making a quick profit than helping the community. As Steve and Sue continue their work, they become increasingly aware of the environmental and economic impacts of the proposed drilling project.
Meanwhile, a local schoolteacher, Frank Yates (Krasinski), challenges the salesmen’s motives and raises awareness about the potential dangers of fracking. He also begins to form a relationship with Alice (DeWitt), a local environmental activist.
As the townspeople become more divided, Steve and Sue must decide whether they are willing to put the community first or continue to pursue their corporate interests. In the end, the townspeople come together to make a decision about the future of their land.
Promised Land is a thoughtful and timely drama about
Where to Watch “Promised Land”
If you are wondering where to watch “Promised Land”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Promised Land” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Promised Land” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Promised Land