- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline:
- Genres: Adventure, Drama, Family
- Release Date: 2004-06-21
- Runtime: 110.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: BBC, John Downer Productions Ltd.
Cast & Crew
Kate Winslet, Helen Mirren, Sean Bean, Rupert Graves, Jim Broadbent, Robbie Coltrane, Martin Freeman, John Hurt, Kwame Kwei, Armah
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Pride”
Pride is a 2004 British comedy-drama about a group of gay and lesbian activists who form an unlikely alliance with a group of striking miners in 1984 Wales.
The story follows a young Londoner, Mark Ashton (Ben Schnetzer), who is determined to make a difference in the world. He joins the Lesbians and Gays Support the Miners (LGSM) group, which is made up of gay and lesbian activists who are determined to show their solidarity with the striking miners in South Wales.
The group, led by Mark, travels to the small mining town of Onllwyn, where they are met with hostility and prejudice. Despite this, the group is determined to show their support for the miners and their families.
The LGSM group organizes a series of fundraising events, which are met with varying degrees of success. As the group continues to organize events, they slowly begin to win over the locals. They also begin to form strong bonds with the miners and their families.
The group’s efforts eventually lead to a successful fundraising event, which helps the miners to continue their strike. As the strike continues, the LGSM group and the miners become even closer, and a deep bond is formed between the two groups.
The film culminates with the miners winning their strike and the LGSM group being honored by the miners and their families. The film ends with the miners and LGSM group celebrating their victory together.
Where to Watch “Pride”
If you are wondering where to watch “Pride”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Pride” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Pride” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Pride