- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: We are all precious
- Genres: Drama
- Release Date: 2009-11-06
- Runtime: 110.0 min
- Budget: $10.0 million
- Revenue: $47.5 million
- Production Companies: Smokewood Entertainment Group
Cast & Crew
Gabourey Sidibe, Mo’Nique, Paula Patton, Mariah Carey, Lenny Kravitz, Sherri Shepherd, Stephanie Andujar, Chyna Layne, Amina Robinson, Xosha Roquemore, Angelic Zambrana, Aunt Dot, Nealla Gordon, Grace Hightower, Barret Helms, Kimberly Russell, Bill Sage, Susan Taylor, Kendall Toombs, Alexander Toombs, Cory Davis, Rochelle McNaughton, Abigail Savage
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Precious”
Precious is a 2009 drama film directed by Lee Daniels and starring Gabourey Sidibe, Mo’Nique, Paula Patton, and Mariah Carey. The film follows the story of Precious, a 16-year-old African-American girl living in Harlem, New York City. Precious has a difficult life, facing poverty, abuse, and neglect from her mother, Mary (Mo’Nique). She is pregnant with her second child, both of whom were fathered by her father, Carl (Chinasa Ogbuagu).
Precious is illiterate and has been out of school since the eighth grade. She is taken in by an alternative school and placed in a class for at-risk teens. There, she meets her teacher, Ms. Rain (Paula Patton), who encourages her to learn to read and write. Precious also meets a social worker, Ms. Weiss (Mariah Carey), who helps her to gain access to the resources she needs to make a better life for herself and her children.
With the help of her teacher and social worker, Precious slowly begins to make progress. She learns to read and write and eventually earns her GED. She also begins to stand up for herself and her children, and she even starts to stand up to her mother.
Eventually, Precious is able to make a better life for herself and her children. She also finds the courage to confront her abuser and finally break
Where to Watch “Precious”
If you are wondering where to watch “Precious”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Precious” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Precious” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Precious