- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Shut up or die.
- Genres: Horror, Mystery, Science Fiction
- Release Date: 2009-03-06
- Runtime: 96.0 min
- Budget: $1.5 million
- Revenue: $0.0 million
- Production Companies: Ponty Up Pictures, Shadow Shows
Cast & Crew
Stephen McHattie, Lisa Houle, Georgina Reilly, Hrant Alianak, Rick Roberts, Daniel Fathers, Beatriz Yuste, Boyd Banks, Hannah Fleming, Laura Nordin, Rachel Burns, Tony Burgess, Louis Negin, Diane Gordon, Daniel Park
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Pontypool”
Pontypool is a psychological horror film set in a small rural Canadian town called Pontypool. It follows Grant Mazzy, a radio shock jock, and his producer Sydney Briar as they battle for survival against a deadly virus that is spreading through the town.
The film starts out with Grant and Sydney broadcasting from the radio station in Pontypool. They are discussing the strange events going on in the town, such as a group of people who are acting strangely and the mysterious death of a local doctor. Suddenly, the radio station is attacked by a group of people who are infected with the virus, and Grant and Sydney are forced to flee.
They make their way to a nearby church, where they are joined by a group of survivors. As they try to figure out what is happening, they learn that the virus is transmitted through language, and that it causes people to become violent and act out their deepest fears and desires.
The group attempts to find a way to stop the virus, but their efforts are hampered by the infected people who are now roaming the streets of Pontypool. As the situation becomes increasingly dire, Grant and Sydney must find a way to survive and save the town.
Pontypool is a thrilling and suspenseful horror film that will keep you on the edge of your seat. With its original concept and intense action, the movie is sure to keep you guessing until the very end.
Where to Watch “Pontypool”
If you are wondering where to watch “Pontypool”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Pontypool” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Pontypool” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Pontypool