- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: A love lost, but never forgotten in this new BBC dramatization
- Genres: Drama, Romance
- Release Date: 1995-05-01
- Runtime: 104.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: BBC Film
Cast & Crew
Amanda Root, Ciarán Hinds, Susan Fleetwood, Fiona Shaw, John Woodvine, Phoebe Nicholls, Samuel West, Sophie Thompson, Judy Cornwell, Simon Russell Beale, Felicity Dean, Roger Hammond, Victoria Hamilton, Emma Roberts, Robert Glenister, Richard McCabe, Helen Schlesinger, Jane Wood, David Collings, Darlene Johnson, Cinnamon Faye, Isaac Maxwell, Hunt, Roger Llewellyn, Sally George, Lonnie James, Corin Redgrave
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Persuasion”
Persuasion is a 1995 romantic drama film based on the novel of the same name by Jane Austen. The film follows Anne Elliot, a woman whose family is in financial trouble and must marry for money, despite her true love being a naval officer.
The film begins with Anne Elliot (Amanda Root) as a woman in her late twenties, living with her family in England. She is a sensible and intelligent woman, but her family is in financial trouble, and her father, Sir Walter Elliot (Corin Redgrave), is determined to marry her off to a wealthy suitor. Anne is in love with Captain Frederick Wentworth (Ciarán Hinds), a naval officer, but her family disapproves of the match and she is forced to reject him.
Eight years later, Anne is still unmarried, living with her father and elder sister, Elizabeth (Susan Fleetwood). She has also become the companion of her father’s cousin, Lady Russell (Fiona Shaw). Anne’s fortunes change when Captain Wentworth returns from the Napoleonic Wars a wealthy man. He visits the Elliot family and Anne is forced to confront her past.
Anne and Wentworth are still in love, but both are hesitant to admit it. Wentworth is determined to marry a woman of wealth and status, while Anne is uncertain if he still loves her. Meanwhile, Anne’s sister Elizabeth is courted by a wealthy man, and Sir Walter is determined to marry Anne off
Where to Watch “Persuasion”
If you are wondering where to watch “Persuasion”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Persuasion” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Persuasion” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Persuasion