- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: The space between loss and love.
- Genres: Drama
- Release Date: 2009-03-05
- Runtime: 110.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: $0.5 million
- Production Companies: Cinéfilm AG, Insight Film Studios, Picture Park, TADORA Filmproduktions, Netter Productions, Three Rivers Entertainment
Cast & Crew
Michelle Pfeiffer, Ashton Kutcher, Kathy Bates, Spencer Hudson, John Mann, David Lewis, Rob LaBelle, Aleks Paunovic, Brian Markinson, Sarah Lind, Alissa Skovbye, Kyle Toy, Dean Wray, Brock Johnson, Mary Black, Sarah Strange, Jay Brazeau, Jake LeDoux, Serge Houde, Garry Chalk, Gurdeep Beesla, Michelle Hewitt, Williams, Keith Dallas, Tom Pickett, Gale Van Cott, Bruce Harwood, Nico McEown, Forbes Angus, Justin Abdou, Stephen Dunlop, Anna Mae Routledge, Jennifer Chan, Joe Costa, Sonal Chopria, Steve Elliot, Chris Webb, Topher Grace, J.B. McEown
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Personal Effects”
Personal Effects is a romantic drama set in the Midwest, starring Ashton Kutcher and Michelle Pfeiffer. It follows the story of Walter, a young man who is struggling to come to terms with the sudden death of his brother, an Iraq War veteran.
Walter meets a mysterious woman named Linda, who was also in Iraq and is trying to come to terms with her own losses. The two form a friendship, and Linda helps Walter come to terms with his brother’s death. As their friendship grows, Walter begins to feel a connection to Linda that he can’t explain.
Meanwhile, Walter’s parents are struggling to cope with their son’s grief. His father, a former soldier, is struggling to understand why his son is in such pain. His mother is trying to be supportive, but is also trying to come to terms with her own guilt and grief.
As Walter and Linda’s relationship develops, they discover that they both have a secret that could tear them apart. Walter’s brother had left behind a mysterious box of personal effects, and Linda has a connection to it that she can’t explain. As Walter and Linda search for answers, they uncover secrets that could change their lives forever.
The film explores the themes of grief, love, and understanding as Walter and Linda explore their feelings and learn to move on from the past. In the end, they must decide if they can trust each other enough to make a new life together.
Where to Watch “Personal Effects”
If you are wondering where to watch “Personal Effects”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Personal Effects” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Personal Effects” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Personal Effects