- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Find your family.
- Genres: Drama
- Release Date: 2012-06-29
- Runtime: 114.0 min
- Budget: $16.0 million
- Revenue: $12.4 million
- Production Companies: DreamWorks Pictures, Touchstone Pictures
Cast & Crew
Chris Pine, Elizabeth Banks, Olivia Wilde, Michelle Pfeiffer, Mark Duplass, Devin Brochu, Barbara Eve Harris, Dean Chekvala, Sara Mornell, Michael Hall D’Addario, Philip Baker Hall, David Burrus, Joseph Wise, Gabriela Milla, Abhi Sinha, Jon Favreau, Rob Brownstein, Katy Boyer, Katherine Sigismund, Sheila Shaw, Darren O’Hare, Maximilian Osinski, Christiann Castellanos, LeShay N. Tomlinson, Tara Inden, Liza del Mundo, Paul Sanchez, Stephanie Bast, Ken Barnett, Shaughn Buchholz, Pippa Hinchley, David Kelsey, Nick Smoke, Amanda Young, David Zyler, Rif Hutton, Moosie Drier, Steve Alterman, Jon Morgan Woodward
Synopsis – What to Expect from “People Like Us”
People Like Us is a 2012 American comedy-drama film directed by Alex Kurtzman and starring Chris Pine and Elizabeth Banks.
The film follows Sam (Chris Pine), a twenty-something, fast-talking salesman, whose latest deal collapses on the day he learns that his father has suddenly died. Against his wishes, Sam is called home, where he must put his father’s estate in order and reconnect with his estranged family. While there, he uncovers a startling secret: his father has another family who never knew he existed.
In the process of uncovering this secret, Sam forms an unexpected bond with Frankie (Elizabeth Banks), his father’s other daughter. As they begin to spend time together, Sam and Frankie discover that they have more in common than they ever imagined. They soon realize that, despite their differences, they are both looking for the same thing: a sense of belonging.
The film follows Sam and Frankie as they come to terms with their newfound relationship and the truth about their father. Along the way, they learn to open up to each other and to the possibility of finding a real connection. In the end, Sam and Frankie discover the power of family and the importance of embracing the people who are most like us.
Where to Watch “People Like Us”
If you are wondering where to watch “People Like Us”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “People Like Us” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “People Like Us” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to People Like Us