- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: A MAN – Trying to run away from his past… A WOMAN – Trying to escape her future…
- Genres: Crime, Drama, Romance
- Release Date: 1947-11-25
- Runtime: 97.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: RKO Radio Pictures
Cast & Crew
Robert Mitchum, Jane Greer, Kirk Douglas, Rhonda Fleming, Richard Webb, Steve Brodie, Virginia Huston, Paul Valentine, Dickie Moore, Ken Niles, Mary Field, Oliver Blake, Harry Hayden, Theresa Harris, Frank Wilcox, John Kellogg, Brooks Benedict, Homer Dickenson, Mike Lally, Bill Wallace, Eumenio Blanco, Victor Romito, Wesley Bly, Mildred Boyd, James Bush, James Conaty, Alphonso DuBois, Rudy Germane, Adda Gleason, Philip Morris, Manuel París, Caleb Peterson, Jeffrey Sayre, Charles Regan, Tony Roux, Wallace Scott, Archie Twitchell
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Out of the Past”
Out of the Past is a 1947 film noir directed by Jacques Tourneur and starring Robert Mitchum, Jane Greer, and Kirk Douglas. The film follows Jeff Bailey (Mitchum), a former private detective who is living in a small town in California. He is trying to put his past behind him, but his past soon catches up to him when he is hired by Whit Sterling (Douglas) to find his former girlfriend, Kathie Moffat (Greer).
Jeff discovers that Kathie is now living in a small Mexican town and is involved with a gangster named Joe Stephanos (Rhys Williams). Jeff is torn between his desire to protect Kathie and his loyalty to Whit, and he soon finds himself in a dangerous situation.
Meanwhile, Jeff’s former partner, Jack Fisher (Steve Brodie), is also on the hunt for Kathie. He is working for a mobster who wants to get his hands on the money that Kathie stole from Whit.
Jeff and Kathie eventually reunite, and they decide to flee together. But the mobsters are hot on their trail, and Jeff must use his detective skills to outwit them and keep Kathie safe.
The film culminates in a thrilling car chase through the mountains, as Jeff and Kathie attempt to escape the mobsters and start a new life together. In the end, Jeff and Kathie make it to safety, and Jeff finally finds the peace
Where to Watch “Out of the Past”
If you are wondering where to watch “Out of the Past”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Out of the Past” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Out of the Past” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Out of the Past