- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: When life is at its finest… when love is at its fullest…
- Genres: Adventure, Drama, Romance
- Release Date: 1981-12-01
- Runtime: 109.0 min
- Budget: $15.0 million
- Revenue: $119.3 million
- Production Companies: Universal Pictures, IPC Films, ITC Entertainment
Cast & Crew
Katharine Hepburn, Henry Fonda, Jane Fonda, Doug McKeon, Dabney Coleman, William Lanteau, Christopher Rydell, Troy Garity
Synopsis – What to Expect from “On Golden Pond”
On Golden Pond is a 1981 classic American drama film directed by Mark Rydell. It stars Henry Fonda, Katharine Hepburn, and Jane Fonda.
The movie tells the story of a retired couple, Norman and Ethel Thayer, who have spent their summers at their cottage on the lake called Golden Pond for many years. This summer, however, will be different. They are visited by their daughter Chelsea, who is now a grown woman, and her fiancee, Bill. Chelsea is estranged from her parents and is looking for a way to reconnect with them.
At first, Norman and Ethel struggle to adjust to the presence of their daughter and her fiancee. Norman is especially resistant to the idea of having to share his beloved pond with the young couple. However, as the summer progresses, the Thayers find themselves getting closer to Bill and appreciating his good nature.
The movie also follows the story of Billy, a young boy who is sent to stay with the Thayers for the summer. He is a troubled child, and Norman and Ethel take him under their wing, teaching him how to fish and helping him to find his way.
As the summer comes to an end, the Thayers must face the fact that their daughter will soon be married and leaving them. They must also come to terms with the fact that they will soon be alone again.
On Golden Pond is an uplifting story about the importance
Where to Watch “On Golden Pond”
If you are wondering where to watch “On Golden Pond”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “On Golden Pond” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “On Golden Pond” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to On Golden Pond