- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline:
- Genres: Crime, Drama, Family
- Release Date: 2005-09-23
- Runtime: 130.0 min
- Budget: $50.0 million
- Revenue: $42.6 million
- Production Companies: R.P. Productions, ETIC Films, Runteam III Ltd.
Cast & Crew
Barney Clark, Ben Kingsley, Jamie Foreman, Harry Eden, Edward Hardwicke, Leanne Rowe, Ian McNeice, Chris Overton, Andy Linden, Teresa Churcher, Jake Curran, Turbo, Lewis Chase, Levi Hayes, Jeremy Swift, Gillian Hanna, Michael Heath, Patrick Godfrey, Mark Strong, Ophelia Lovibond, Liz Smith, Andy de la Tour, Richard Durden, Peter Copley, John Nettleton, Tony Noble, Gerard Horan, Morgane Polanski, Alun Armstrong, Frances Cuka, Paul Brooke, Nick Stringer, Frank Mills, Richard Ridings
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Oliver Twist”
Oliver Twist is a 2005 British drama film directed by Roman Polanski and based on the Charles Dickens novel of the same name.
The film follows the story of an orphaned boy named Oliver Twist, who is born in a workhouse in 19th century England. After his mother dies in childbirth, Oliver is sent to an orphanage and eventually sold into a life of servitude with an undertaker. When Oliver is sent to London to work for the cruel Mr. Sowerberry, he runs away and meets a kindly old gentleman named Mr. Brownlow. Brownlow takes Oliver in and tries to protect him, but Oliver is soon kidnapped by the sinister Fagin and his gang of child thieves.
With the help of a kind-hearted prostitute named Nancy and a streetwise Artful Dodger, Oliver is taken in by Fagin and trained to pickpocket. But when Oliver is nearly arrested, he is rescued by Nancy, who has decided to help him escape the criminal life. Despite Fagin’s attempts to reclaim Oliver, the boy is eventually reunited with Brownlow and his family.
The film follows the classic story of Oliver Twist, with a few modern twists. Themes of poverty, crime, and family are explored as the plot follows Oliver’s journey from a life of servitude to a life of freedom. The film also highlights the importance of friendship and loyalty, as Oliver and his new found family strive to protect him from the dangers of the
Where to Watch “Oliver Twist”
If you are wondering where to watch “Oliver Twist”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Oliver Twist” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Oliver Twist” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Oliver Twist