- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline:
- Genres: Comedy, Crime, Thriller
- Release Date: 2001-11-23
- Runtime: 95.0 min
- Budget: $6.0 million
- Revenue: $2.0 million
- Production Companies: Numb Gums Production Inc.
Cast & Crew
Steve Martin, Helena Bonham Carter, Laura Dern, Lynne Thigpen, Chelcie Ross, Polly Noonan, JoBe Cerny, Elias Koteas, Yasen Peyankov, Scott Caan, Teri Cotruzzola, Lucina Paquet, Preston Maybank, Sally Kao, Quincy Wong, George Lugg, Tyler Rostenkowski, Tom Milanovich, Karol Kent, Keith David, Eddie Bo Smith Jr.-Mary Ann Childers, Rich Komenich, James Chisem, Joseph F. Kosala, Eric Lane, Roy Hytower, Kwame Amoaku, Christian Stolte, Len Bajenski, Mindy Bell, Roderick Peeples, Kevin Bacon, Christopher Glasgow, Marcello Robinson, Dean Teaster
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Novocaine”
Novocaine is a dark comedy crime thriller released in 2001. It stars Steve Martin as Dr. Frank Sangster, a dentist who finds himself in a dangerous situation when he is blackmailed by a seductive patient, Susan Ivey (Helena Bonham Carter).
The film begins with Dr. Sangster’s regular life as a dentist. One day, Susan comes in for a routine visit and her flirtatious behavior soon has Dr. Sangster smitten. After her visit, he finds a bag of stolen drugs in her purse and realizes that she is involved in some sort of criminal activity.
Dr. Sangster is then blackmailed by Susan and her partner, Lou, who threaten to expose him to the police if he does not help them with their plans. He reluctantly agrees and soon finds himself in way over his head.
As the story progresses, Dr. Sangster is forced to confront his own moral code and his feelings for Susan. He must decide whether to help her or turn her in to the police.
The tension builds as Dr. Sangster is caught between his professional obligations and his feelings for Susan. He also discovers that Susan and Lou are involved in a much larger criminal enterprise.
The climax of the film comes when Dr. Sangster must make a final decision about how to handle the situation. Will he choose to help Susan or turn her in to the police?
Novocaine is a thrilling and
Where to Watch “Novocaine”
If you are wondering where to watch “Novocaine”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Novocaine” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Novocaine” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Novocaine