- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: This Holiday Season, Be Italian.
- Genres: Drama, Music, Romance
- Release Date: 2009-12-03
- Runtime: 112.0 min
- Budget: $80.0 million
- Revenue: $53.8 million
- Production Companies: Relativity Media, The Weinstein Company
Cast & Crew
Daniel Day, Lewis, Marion Cotillard, Penélope Cruz, Nicole Kidman, Judi Dench, Sophia Loren, Kate Hudson, Fergie, Ricky Tognazzi, Enzo Cilenti, Giuseppe Cederna, Elio Germano, Andrea Di Stefano, Roberto Nobile, Amy Bailey, Claudia Mancinelli, Iris Cayatte, Camilla Mathias, Nico Toffoli, James P. Rees, Remo Remotti, Michele Alhaique, Martina Stella, Valerio Mastandrea
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Nine”
Nine is a musical drama set in the 1960s that follows the life of world-renowned film director Guido Contini (Daniel Day-Lewis). Guido is struggling with his latest film, a big-budget musical, and is also dealing with a mid-life crisis. He is desperate to find inspiration for his film, but instead finds himself struggling to balance his professional and personal life.
At the start of the film, Guido is struggling to come up with a script for his musical and is also dealing with his crumbling personal life. He is married to Luisa (Marion Cotillard) but is having an affair with Carla (Penelope Cruz), a famous actress. He also has a strained relationship with his mother (Sophia Loren) and his muse (Judi Dench).
Guido’s problems become even more complicated when his producer (Nicole Kidman) forces him to cast a young unknown actress, Claudia (Kate Hudson), in the lead role of the musical. Guido is immediately attracted to Claudia and begins to develop feelings for her, further complicating his already tumultuous life.
The film follows Guido’s journey as he attempts to find a balance between his professional and personal life. He must come to terms with his past, present, and future in order to find the inspiration he needs to finish his film. Along the way, he discovers that he must learn to accept himself and the people around him in order
Where to Watch “Nine”
If you are wondering where to watch “Nine”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Nine” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Nine” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Nine