- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: A Thousand Voices. A Single Dream.
- Genres: Family, Drama, History, Music
- Release Date: 1992-04-10
- Runtime: 121.0 min
- Budget: $15.0 million
- Revenue: $2.7 million
- Production Companies: Walt Disney Pictures, Touchwood Pacific Partners 1
Cast & Crew
Christian Bale, Bill Pullman, Ann, Margret, Robert Duvall, David Moscow, Luke Edwards, Max Casella, Gabriel Damon, Marty Belafsky, Aaron Lohr, Dee Caspary, Shon Greenblatt, Trey Parker, Michael Goorjian, Dominic Lucero, David Sidoni, Kevin Stea, Ele Keats, Jeffrey DeMunn, Deborra, Lee Furness, Marc Lawrence, Michael Lerner, Kevin Tighe, Charles Cioffi, William Boyett, Shay Duffin, Tom Finnegan, Frank Novak, Arvie Lowe Jr.
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Newsies”
Newsies is a 1992 musical film directed by Kenny Ortega and produced by Walt Disney Pictures. It tells the story of a group of New York City newsboys, led by Jack Kelly (Christian Bale), who strike against the powerful newspaper publishers Joseph Pulitzer (Robert Duvall) and William Randolph Hearst (Edward Herrmann) in 1899.
The movie begins with Jack Kelly, a young newsboy, trying to make a living selling newspapers on the streets of New York City in the late 19th century. Jack and his friends are exploited by the powerful newspaper publishers, who are constantly raising the price of their papers and cutting their wages. When Jack and his friends try to organize a strike against the publishers, they face strong opposition from the police and the city’s elite.
The newsboys are determined to stand up for their rights and fight for what is right. With the help of newspaper reporter Katherine Plumber (Ann-Margret), they organize a massive strike and rally the newsboys from all over the city to join them. They also enlist the help of a charismatic young leader, David Jacobs (David Moscow).
The newsboys’ strike gains momentum and the newspapers are forced to make concessions. But the publishers are determined to break the strike and hire a gang of thugs to intimidate the newsboys. Jack and his friends must use their courage and ingenuity to fight back and win the strike.
The movie culminates in a climactic showdown
Where to Watch “Newsies”
If you are wondering where to watch “Newsies”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Newsies” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Newsies” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Newsies