If you’re seeing a Netflix black screen, there’s no need to stress. Mostly, it’s caused either due to a temporary network lag or corrupted system & app cache & files, in my experience.
Always prioritize keeping your systems up to date and removing cache regularly. Otherwise, your system will become slow & laggy. Nonetheless, fret only if you do that.
Read my article and follow these simple fixes to troubleshoot the black screen Netflix error on your streaming devices.
Why Is My Netflix Screen Black?
Corrupted Netflix files in your streaming device are the main reason for the black screen. Conversely, it’s normal to get a black screen if, say, you try to stream Netflix using Discord without tweaking my browsers first.
Make sure you read my comprehensive guide on How To Screen Share Netflix on Discord for a detailed article (read this first.)
Why Does My Netflix Screen Go Black On LG Smart TV – Fixed!
Method 1: Remove Corrupted App Files
- Pick up your LG remote and head Home. Continue by opening System Settings.
- Tap on Application Manager and locate Netflix. Access it right after that.
- Go ahead and choose Clear Cache.
- After this, I suggest you perform a power cycle on your Smart TV before relaunching Netflix. Doing so will refresh the files.
Black Pause Screen Netflix On Internet Browsers (For PCs & Laptops)
This section is for users who prefer web browsers to stream Netflix. The logic is the same- you need to remove the browser cookies & corrupted cache files.
On Your Microsoft Edge Browser
- Head towards the top right and access the 3 dots horizontally aligned together.
- You now need to tap on Settings which is located towards the bottom.
- Go right ahead, access Privacy, search, and services, and head to options under Clear browsing data.
- You have two options here- Select files to delete every time you exit Edge for future purposes & delete all cookies & cache at once RIGHT NOW.
- Set your preferences for both. These really are convenient Edge features.
On Your Safari Browser
- Click on Preferences in the upper left section and tap on Advanced right after that.
- You’ll now see Show Develop menu in the menu bar option. Select it.
- Doing so will take you to the Develop option. Now, choose Empty Caches from the options.
On Your Chrome Browser
- Navigate to your upper right side & access the 3 vertically stacked dots.
- Open Settings & tap on Privacy and security.
- You can access various options now, like Cookies and other site data & Clear browsing data.
- Choose & delete accordingly to get rid of the Netflix black screen.
Netflix Black Screen On iOS/Android Smartphones
I’ve found that many users fail to troubleshoot network errors at first. You must check the connection status before diving into the Netflix black screen troubleshooting steps, as I mentioned earlier.
That’s because, at times, you can troubleshoot this error simply by fixing your connection.
Run a speed test via fast.com. If the internet is working fine, continue with the steps below to fix the Netflix black screen error.
Method 1: Change Your Home Network
On Your Android Phone
- Navigate to Settings & tap on Connections. Open the Wi-Fi option right after that.
- Access the gear icon on your right section & head to Forget.
- Now, open Connections and navigate back to Wi-Fi. Go ahead and turn the toggle off.
- Switch the toggle back on (wait for about a minute before doing so).
- Open Wi-Fi one more time after your phone successfully disconnects from the unstable network.
- Now, tap on your fast Wi–Fi & Connect using your details.
- Stream Netflix once you’ve connected to your stable network without a black screen.
On Your iPhone/iPad
- Open Settings and locate Wi-Fi options. Go right ahead and select the Blue i.
- That will let you access the Forget This Network option. Go ahead and tap on it.
- Choose Forget one more time and select Wi-Fi. Now, head to My Networks and tap on your fast Wi-Fi & Join.
Doing so will let you stream Netflix without a black screen & with a much more stable connection.
Method 2: Delete Corrupted Netflix Files
On Your Android Phone
- Go ahead and tap on Settings. Open Apps right after that.
- You now need to access See all apps and tap on Netflix.
- Open Storage and cache after that & choose Clear Storage.
- Tap on Clear Cache finally to get rid of Netflix’s black screen.
On Your iPhone/iPad
- Open Home and look for Netflix. Make sure you don’t open Netflix. Simply hold the icon.
- Tap on Remove App from the 3 given options & then choose Delete App.
- Access the App Store after that and locate Netflix. Reinstall it by tapping on the Install icon.
These steps will get rid of all corrupted data from your smartphones and assist you in avoiding the Netflix black screen error.
Keeping your streaming devices & apps up to date is the best way to avoid network and system errors. Stay up to date on all Netflix-related news by logging into user forums on Netflix Reddit & Netflix Twitter CS. Simply follow these steps I’ve mentioned to get rid of the Netflix black screen.
Don’t forget to read my guide on Netflix Discount For Students to get the best deals for yourself.