- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Exterminate all rational thought.
- Genres: Crime, Drama
- Release Date: 1991-12-27
- Runtime: 115.0 min
- Budget: $16.0 million
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Téléfilm Canada, Film Trustees Ltd.-Naked Lunch Productions, Recorded Picture Company, Ontario Film Development Corporation, Nippon Film Development and Finance, Pierson Heldring & Pierson N.V.
Cast & Crew
Peter Weller, Judy Davis, Ian Holm, Julian Sands, Roy Scheider, Monique Mercure, Nicholas Campbell, Michael Zelniker, Louis Ferreira, Joseph Scoren, Julian Richings, Robert A. Silverman, Peter Boretski, Yuval Daniel, John Friesen, Sean McCann, Howard Jerome, Michael Caruana, Kurt Reis
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Naked Lunch”
Naked Lunch is a surrealist science fiction film released in 1991, directed by David Cronenberg and based on the novel of the same name by William S. Burroughs. The film follows the story of Bill Lee, an exterminator in 1950s New York City who begins to experience strange hallucinations after taking a powerful bug powder. He soon finds himself in a nightmarish world populated by talking insects, giant man-sized roaches, and other bizarre creatures.
The film follows Bill as he attempts to make sense of his new reality. He meets a variety of strange people, including a mysterious secret agent, an entomologist, and a woman who claims to be his wife. He’s also haunted by visions of his dead wife, Joan, who is trying to guide him to safety.
As Bill struggles to survive in this surreal world, he discovers that he is part of an interdimensional experiment involving an alien race called the Mugwumps. He must face the horrifying truth of his own identity and the implications of the experiment.
The film is a darkly comic exploration of the human condition and the nature of reality. It is a mind-bending journey into a world of paranoia, fear, and madness. It is a unique and unforgettable cinematic experience, and one that will leave you questioning your perception of reality.
Where to Watch “Naked Lunch”
If you are wondering where to watch “Naked Lunch”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Naked Lunch” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Naked Lunch” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Naked Lunch