- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: The funniest, fastest honeymoon ever screened!
- Genres: Comedy, Romance
- Release Date: 1940-05-17
- Runtime: 88.0 min
- Budget: $0.9 million
- Revenue: $2.1 million
- Production Companies: RKO Radio Pictures
Cast & Crew
Irene Dunne, Cary Grant, Randolph Scott, Gail Patrick, Ann Shoemaker, Scotty Beckett, Mary Lou Harrington, Donald MacBride, Hugh O’Connell, Granville Bates, Pedro de Cordoba, Jean Acker, Murray Alper, Leon Belasco, Joe Cabrillas, Bill Cartledge, Chester Clute, Corky, Franco Corsaro, Florence Dudley, Hal Gerard, Roque Guinart, Earle Hodgins, Edna Holland, Thelma Joel, Cy Kendall, Ellen Lowe, Margarita Martín, Horace McMahon, Sue Moore, Bert Moorhouse, Clive Morgan, George Noisom, Bob Reeves, Ronald R. Rondell, Matty Roubert, Eli Schmudkler, Pat West
Synopsis – What to Expect from “My Favorite Wife”
My Favorite Wife is a 1940 romantic comedy directed by Garson Kanin and starring Cary Grant and Irene Dunne. The film follows the story of Nick Arden (Cary Grant), a lawyer who is happily married to his wife, Ellen (Irene Dunne). After a seven-year absence, Ellen is presumed dead, and Nick is granted a divorce so that he can remarry. On the day of his wedding to Bianca (Gail Patrick), Ellen returns alive and well.
The film follows Nick and Ellen as they try to reconcile their feelings for each other in the face of Nick’s impending remarriage. Bianca, meanwhile, is determined to win Nick back, and sets out to break up their reunion. The film follows the couple as they fight for their marriage and each other, while dealing with the complications of Nick’s impending remarriage.
The film culminates in a romantic finale, as Nick and Ellen are reunited and Bianca is left heartbroken. In the end, Nick and Ellen’s love for each other is reaffirmed, and they are able to move forward with their lives together. My Favorite Wife is a classic romantic comedy that is sure to bring a smile to your face.
Where to Watch “My Favorite Wife”
If you are wondering where to watch “My Favorite Wife”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “My Favorite Wife” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “My Favorite Wife” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to My Favorite Wife