- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Haunted by a lovely face… hunted for another’s crime!
- Genres: Crime, Mystery, Thriller
- Release Date: 1944-12-14
- Runtime: 95.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: RKO Radio Pictures
Cast & Crew
Dick Powell, Claire Trevor, Anne Shirley, Otto Kruger, Mike Mazurki, Miles Mander, Douglas Walton, Donald Douglas, Ralf Harolde, Esther Howard, Ernie Adams, George Anderson, Edward Biby, Jack Carr, Tom Coleman, Ralph Dunn, Sam Finn, Rudy Germane, Fred Graham, Bill Hamilton, Paul Hilton, John Indrisano, Daun Kennedy, Donald Kerr, King Lockwood, Paul Phillips, Dewey Robinson, Shimen Ruskin, Larry Wheat
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Murder, My Sweet”
Murder, My Sweet is a classic film noir released in 1944, starring Dick Powell, Claire Trevor, and Anne Shirley. The story follows private detective Philip Marlowe (Powell) as he is hired by a former gangster, Moose Malloy (Mike Mazurki), to find his missing girlfriend, Velma Valento (Trevor). Marlowe travels through the seedy underworld of Los Angeles, encountering a variety of shady characters, including a crooked lawyer, a wealthy businessman, and a femme fatale. As Marlowe investigates, he finds himself in the middle of a dangerous criminal conspiracy.
The investigation takes a turn when Marlowe is framed for murder and has to prove his innocence. With the help of a young woman named Ann Grayle (Shirley), he is able to unravel the mystery and bring the criminals to justice. As the story progresses, Marlowe discovers that the case is more complex than he initially thought, and the truth is far more sinister than he ever expected. In the end, Marlowe must confront the criminals and put an end to their criminal activities.
Murder, My Sweet is an exciting and suspenseful film noir that follows Marlowe as he navigates the seedy underworld of Los Angeles. Along the way, he encounters a variety of dangerous characters, and must rely on his wits and courage to solve the case and bring justice to those responsible. This classic
Where to Watch “Murder, My Sweet”
If you are wondering where to watch “Murder, My Sweet”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Murder, My Sweet” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Murder, My Sweet” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Murder, My Sweet