- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: The Jack the Ripper Murders. Sherlock Holmes lifts the veil of secrecy, corruption and terror at the heart of the throne of England itself. Clue by clue… Murder by murder…
- Genres: Crime, Mystery, Thriller
- Release Date: 1979-02-01
- Runtime: 124.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Highlight, Famous Players, Canadian Film Development Corporation (CFDC)
Cast & Crew
Christopher Plummer, James Mason, David Hemmings, Susan Clark, Anthony Quayle, John Gielgud, Frank Finlay, Donald Sutherland, Geneviève Bujold, Chris Wiggins, Tedde Moore, Peter Jonfield, Roy Lansford, Catherine Kessler, Ron Pember, June Brown, Ken Jones, Terry Duggan, Hilary Sesta, Anthony May, Betty Woolfe, Iris Fry, Geoffrey Russell, Peggy Ann Clifford, Ann Mitchell, Katherine Stark, Elaine Ives, Cameron, Stella Courtney, Judy Wilson, Roy Pattison, Victor Langley, Pamela Abbott, Robin Marchal, Richard Pescud, Pat Brackenbury, Dan Long, Michael Cashman, Tony Clarkin, Peter Dean, Jim McManus
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Murder by Decree”
Murder by Decree is a 1979 British-Canadian mystery thriller film directed by Bob Clark and starring Christopher Plummer and James Mason. The film is based on the story of the Jack the Ripper murders.
The film follows Sherlock Holmes (Christopher Plummer) and his assistant, Dr. Watson (James Mason) as they investigate the gruesome murders of five prostitutes in the Whitechapel district of London in 1888. Holmes and Watson soon discover that the murders are part of a sinister conspiracy involving the British government and the Freemasons.
With the help of a local newspaper editor (Donald Sutherland), Holmes and Watson uncover a cover-up involving a powerful politician (David Hemmings) and a powerful secret society. Holmes and Watson come to the realization that the only way to solve the mystery is to confront the killer himself.
The investigation leads them to a man who is known as “The Avenger” (John Gielgud). Holmes and Watson soon discover that the murders are part of a plan to cover up a government scandal, and that the killer is being protected by powerful people.
Holmes and Watson must use their wits and courage to uncover the truth before the killer can strike again. With the help of the local police, Holmes and Watson are able to track down the killer and bring him to justice.
Murder by Decree is a thrilling and suspenseful mystery that will keep you guessing until the very end. With its
Where to Watch “Murder by Decree”
If you are wondering where to watch “Murder by Decree”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Murder by Decree” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Murder by Decree” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Murder by Decree