- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: The story of a girl who is going from filthy to rich
- Genres: Romance, Drama
- Release Date: 1996-04-19
- Runtime: 105.0 min
- Budget: $25.0 million
- Revenue: $10.1 million
- Production Companies: TriStar Pictures
Cast & Crew
Shirley MacLaine, Ricki Lake, Brendan Fraser, Miguel Sandoval, Loren Dean, Peter Gerety, Jane Krakowski, Debra Monk, Cathryn de Prume, Kate Hennig, Susan Haskell, Justin Van Lieshout, Alec Thomlison, Jennifer Irwin, Victor A. Young, Tony Munch, Nesbitt Blaisdell, David Lipman, Jim Feather, Irene Pauzer, Bertha Leveron, Johnie Chase, Craig Eldridge, Jack Mosshammer, Santino Buda, Marco Kyris, Tom Joyce, Tom Harvey, Caroline Yli, Loumi, Peter Flemming, Joa Gamelin, Colin Fox, Joan Luchak, Melanie Zuber, Bob McAlpine, Rob Gusevs, Shawn Eisenberg, Glyn Stephens, Paula Prentiss
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Mrs. Winterbourne”
Mrs. Winterbourne is a romantic comedy-drama film released in 1996. It stars Shirley MacLaine, Brendan Fraser, and Ricki Lake.
The story follows Connie Doyle (Ricki Lake), a young woman who has just been kicked out of her home and is stranded in Boston. Desperate for a place to stay, she meets Hugh Winterbourne (Brendan Fraser), a wealthy young man who mistakes her for his long-lost cousin. Taking pity on her, he brings her to his family’s estate and introduces her as his cousin, Patricia Winterbourne.
Connie, feeling out of place, tries to fit in with the Winterbournes. She soon finds out that the family is in financial trouble and is in danger of losing their estate. In order to save it, Connie agrees to pose as Patricia and marry a wealthy man named Bill Townsend (Matthew Harrison).
At first, Bill is suspicious of Connie’s true identity, but eventually he falls in love with her. Meanwhile, Hugh and Connie also fall in love with each other, and Hugh helps Connie to keep up her act in order to save the estate.
However, when Bill discovers Connie’s true identity, he is devastated. He leaves Connie and the Winterbournes, but he eventually returns to forgive Connie and the two are married. The film ends with the Winterbournes happily living together in their estate.
Where to Watch “Mrs. Winterbourne”
If you are wondering where to watch “Mrs. Winterbourne”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Mrs. Winterbourne” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Mrs. Winterbourne” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Mrs. Winterbourne