- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Letting Go of Your Past Is Hard… Especially When It’s Dating Your Mom.
- Genres: Comedy, Romance
- Release Date: 2007-09-14
- Runtime: 87.0 min
- Budget: $22.0 million
- Revenue: $33.7 million
- Production Companies: Landscape Entertainment, Avery Pix
Cast & Crew
Billy Bob Thornton, Seann William Scott, Susan Sarandon, Amy Poehler, Ethan Suplee, Melissa Sagemiller, Melissa Leo, Jacob Davich, Tyra Banks, Jack Walsh, Alec George, Allisyn Ashley Arm, M.C. Gainey, Brent Briscoe, Jennifer Aspen, Brad Beyer, Joshua Feinman, Carissa Kosta, Googy Gress, Emily Wagner, Lyle Kanouse, Stephen Monroe Taylor, Michael Santorico, Kurt Fuller, Lisa K. Wyatt, Van Epperson, Scott Adsit
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Mr. Woodcock”
Mr. Woodcock is a 2007 American comedy film directed by Craig Gillespie and starring Billy Bob Thornton, Seann William Scott, and Susan Sarandon. The film centers around John Farley (Scott), an author whose mother, Beverly (Sarandon), is engaged to marry his old high school gym teacher, Jasper Woodcock (Thornton).
John returns to his hometown to attend his mother’s wedding and discovers that Woodcock is the same sadistic gym teacher who used to terrorize him and his classmates. He decides to take revenge on Woodcock for all the years of torment he suffered, but his plan backfires when Woodcock proves to be a surprisingly likable and caring person.
John begins to realize that Woodcock may be the perfect man for his mother, and he sets out to prove it. He starts by sabotaging Woodcock’s attempts to win over Beverly, but he soon finds himself competing with Woodcock for his mother’s affection.
John and Woodcock eventually come to an understanding and John learns to accept Woodcock as his stepfather. In the end, John and Woodcock form a close bond, and Beverly and Woodcock get married.
The film is a lighthearted comedy that explores the complex relationship between a mother and her son, and the unlikely bond that forms between them and their new stepfather. It is a story of redemption, growth, and family.
Where to Watch “Mr. Woodcock”
If you are wondering where to watch “Mr. Woodcock”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Mr. Woodcock” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Mr. Woodcock” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Mr. Woodcock