- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Glorious love story with music!
- Genres: Comedy, Drama, Romance, Family
- Release Date: 1944-11-28
- Runtime: 113.0 min
- Budget: $1.7 million
- Revenue: $7.6 million
- Production Companies: Metro, Goldwyn, Mayer, Loew’s Incorporated
Cast & Crew
Judy Garland, Margaret O’Brien, Mary Astor, Lucille Bremer, Leon Ames, Tom Drake, Marjorie Main, Harry Davenport, June Lockhart, Henry H. Daniels Jr.-Joan Carroll, Hugh Marlowe, Robert Sully, Chill Wills, Sidney Barnes, Judi Blacque, Victor Cox, Donald Curtis, Danny Daniels, Kenneth Donner, Mary Jo Ellis, Helen Gilbert, Buddy Gorman, Gary Gray, Sam Harris, Darryl Hickman, Charlotte Hunter, Victor Kilian, Beverly Luff, Matt Mattox, Bert May, Belle Mitchell, Mayo Newhall, Sid Newman, Robert Emmett O’Connor, John Phipps, Ellen Ray, Dorothy Raye, Beth Renner, William Smith, Myron Tobias, Dorothy Tuttle, Leonard Walker, Kenneth Wilson
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Meet Me in St. Louis”
Meet Me in St. Louis is a 1944 American musical film directed by Vincente Minnelli and starring Judy Garland, Margaret O’Brien, Mary Astor, Lucille Bremer, Tom Drake, Leon Ames, Marjorie Main, and June Lockhart. The film depicts a year in the life of the Smith family in the lead-up to the 1904 World’s Fair in St. Louis, Missouri.
The film begins with the Smith family, consisting of father Alonzo, mother Anna, and their four daughters: Rose, Esther, Agnes, and Tootie. They live in a large Victorian house in St. Louis, Missouri, in the early 1900s. The family is excited when they learn that the 1904 World’s Fair is to be held in St. Louis, and they eagerly await its arrival.
However, their joy is short-lived when Alonzo is transferred to a job in New York City. The family is devastated, and the girls are especially upset as they do not want to leave their home. Esther, the eldest daughter, is especially heartbroken as she is in love with John Truett, a local boy.
The family reluctantly prepares to move to New York, but Esther and her sisters devise a plan to prevent the move. They enlist the help of their grandmother and their neighbor, Mr. Neely, to throw a Christmas party at the Smith home. Esther invites John to the party, and
Where to Watch “Meet Me in St. Louis”
If you are wondering where to watch “Meet Me in St. Louis”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Meet Me in St. Louis” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Meet Me in St. Louis” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Meet Me in St. Louis