- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline:
- Genres: Drama, Mystery, Science Fiction
- Release Date: 2017-01-23
- Runtime: 99.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: 141 Entertainment, Passage Pictures
Cast & Crew
Geena Davis, Hannah Gross, Jon Hamm, India Reed Kotis, Leslie Lyles, Cashus Muse, Tim Robbins, Hana Colley, Lois Smith, Azumi Tsutsui, Bill Walters, Stephanie Andujar
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Marjorie Prime”
Marjorie Prime is a science fiction drama film that follows the story of Marjorie, an elderly woman in the near future who is dealing with the loss of her husband and her own aging. To help her cope with her grief, her daughter and son-in-law purchase a “Prime”, an artificially intelligent hologram of Marjorie’s late husband, Walter.
Marjorie is initially hesitant to accept the Prime, but soon finds comfort in talking to him. She begins to share memories of her past with him, and the Prime is able to recall memories that Marjorie has forgotten. As time goes on, the Prime begins to develop its own personality, memories, and opinions.
Marjorie’s daughter and son-in-law are concerned about the effect the Prime is having on Marjorie, and try to discourage her from spending too much time with it. But as Marjorie’s health declines, she becomes increasingly dependent on the Prime.
The Prime eventually reveals to Marjorie that it is not actually her late husband, but a construct that has been programmed with his memories. Marjorie is devastated by this revelation, but ultimately finds solace in the fact that the Prime has helped her to remember her husband in a way that she had not been able to before.
Marjorie Prime is a thought-provoking exploration of memory, grief, and the
Where to Watch “Marjorie Prime”
If you are wondering where to watch “Marjorie Prime”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Marjorie Prime” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Marjorie Prime” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Marjorie Prime