- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: I warned you not to go out tonight!
- Genres: Horror
- Release Date: 1980-11-14
- Runtime: 87.0 min
- Budget: $0.3 million
- Revenue: $10.0 million
- Production Companies: Magnum Motion Pictures Inc.-MPO Videotronics
Cast & Crew
Joe Spinell, Caroline Munro, Abigail Clayton, Nelia Bacmeister, Denise Spagnuolo, Billy Spagnuolo, Kelly Piper, Sharon Mitchell, Rita Montone, Hyla Marrow, Tom Savini, Linda Lee Walter, James Brewster, Tracie Evans, Carol Henry, Louis Jawitz, Candace Clements, Diane Spagnuolo, Kim Hudson, Terry Gagnon, Joan Baldwin, Jeni Paz, Janelle Winston, Randy Jurgensen, Jimmy Aurichio, Frank Pesce, Andrew W. Garroni, Taso N. Stavrakis, William Lustig
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Maniac”
Maniac is a 1980 psychological horror film directed by William Lustig. It follows Frank Zito (Joe Spinell), a deeply disturbed man who lives alone in a rundown apartment in New York City. His only companions are his mannequins, whom he treats as if they were real people.
Frank is a serial killer who preys on young women. He stalks them, lures them to his apartment, and then brutally murders them. Frank is haunted by the memory of his mother, who was an abusive alcoholic. He believes that the only way to make her proud of him is to kill women, which he does with sadistic pleasure.
Meanwhile, Frank meets Anna (Caroline Munro), a beautiful photographer who is unaware of his murderous past. She is drawn to his strange behavior and starts to develop feelings for him. As their relationship progresses, Anna begins to see the real Frank and starts to worry about her own safety.
Things take a turn for the worse when Frank’s mother returns. She is determined to make him pay for all the pain he has caused her. In a desperate attempt to protect Anna, Frank kidnaps her and takes her to his mother’s home.
At his mother’s house, Frank is forced to confront his past and his inner demons. He is finally able to come to terms with the truth about himself and his mother. In the end, Frank manages to save Anna, but his mother is
Where to Watch “Maniac”
If you are wondering where to watch “Maniac”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Maniac” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Maniac” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Maniac