- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline:
- Genres: Comedy, Drama, Romance
- Release Date: 1979-04-25
- Runtime: 96.0 min
- Budget: $9.0 million
- Revenue: $39.9 million
- Production Companies: United Artists, Jack Rollins & Charles H. Joffe Productions
Cast & Crew
Woody Allen, Diane Keaton, Michael Murphy, Mariel Hemingway, Meryl Streep, Anne Byrne Hoffman, Karen Ludwig, Michael O’Donoghue, Gary Weis, Kenny Vance, Tisa Farrow, Damion Sheller, Wallace Shawn, Helen Hanft, Bella Abzug, Victor Truro, Charles Levin, Karen Allen, David Rasche, Mark Linn, Baker, Frances Conroy, Bill Anthony, John Doumanian, Raymond Serra
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Manhattan”
Manhattan is a 1979 romantic comedy-drama film written and directed by Woody Allen. The film follows Isaac Davis (Woody Allen), a twice-divorced 42-year-old comedy writer who is dating Tracy (Mariel Hemingway), a 17-year-old high school student.
The film follows Isaac’s life as he struggles to cope with the reality of his age difference with Tracy, his ex-wife’s new marriage, and his own romantic relationships with his best friend’s mistress, Mary Wilke (Diane Keaton), and his married friend, Jill (Meryl Streep).
The film opens with Isaac telling the audience about his relationship with Tracy and his feelings of guilt for being with someone so young. He also discusses his relationships with his ex-wife, his best friend, and his married friend.
Isaac then meets Mary and the two quickly become friends, with Isaac eventually falling in love with her. However, Mary is already involved in a relationship with Isaac’s best friend, Yale (Michael Murphy).
Isaac’s relationship with Tracy continues to be a source of tension, particularly when he takes her to a party and she is mistaken for his daughter. Meanwhile, Mary is torn between her feelings for Isaac and Yale.
The film culminates in Isaac and Mary’s relationship coming to a head when Isaac discovers that Mary has been seeing Yale behind his back. In the end, Isaac decides
Where to Watch “Manhattan”
If you are wondering where to watch “Manhattan”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Manhattan” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Manhattan” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Manhattan