- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline:
- Genres: Drama
- Release Date: 2015-06-04
- Runtime: 118.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: $0.7 million
- Production Companies: A Company Filmproduktionsgesellschaft, Aleph Motion Pictures, Aden Film
Cast & Crew
Mia Wasikowska, Rhys Ifans, Ezra Miller, Logan Marshall, Green, Henry Lloyd, Hughes, Laura Carmichael, Olivier Gourmet, Paul Giamatti, Luke Tittensor, Richard Cordery, Wendy Nottingham, Morfydd Clark, Simon Paisley Day
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Madame Bovary”
Madame Bovary is a 2015 French-Belgian romantic drama film directed by Sophie Barthes and starring Mia Wasikowska as the titular character. The film is an adaptation of Gustave Flaubert’s classic novel of the same name.
The film follows Emma Bovary, a young woman born into a lower-middle-class family in 19th century France. Despite her humble upbringing, Emma is determined to live a life of luxury and escape her mundane existence. She marries Charles Bovary, a dull but kind doctor, and moves to a small town, where she is bored by the monotony of her life.
Desperate for excitement, Emma begins to indulge in a series of affairs, throwing caution to the wind and spending recklessly in order to maintain her new lifestyle. As her debts and indiscretions mount, Emma finds herself in an increasingly desperate situation, with no way out.
The film follows Emma’s journey as she struggles to find meaning and satisfaction in her life, ultimately discovering that the things she thought would bring her happiness are ultimately hollow and unfulfilling. Along the way, she learns a hard lesson about the consequences of her choices, and discovers that true happiness can only be found within.
Where to Watch “Madame Bovary”
If you are wondering where to watch “Madame Bovary”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Madame Bovary” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Madame Bovary” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Madame Bovary